Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47501 - 47520 of 47611 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,956 Posts
We just got dumped on, last I checked I had over 6" accumulated on the Tacoma. Guess I'll find out how much in the morning when I go to shovel.

Reactions: amaclach

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed some new halo headlights! I eventually plan on retrofitting these, but one step (and dollar) at a time. I got pretty clever with these and made my light stock actually make sense now. On my 2014 there are 4 options: OFF, DRL, -, and fully on. DRL used to just be dimmed headlights (which carried into the "-", or parking light setting too), but now the options are: OFF, DRL with the actual halo but no headlights, - with the halo and my parking lights, and then fully on with the headlights on too. What do you guys think?
IMG-1281.jpg IMG-1282.jpg IMG-1283.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
@kburns7719 Looks good! Just curious what halos did you go with? And did you see any difference in the light pattern, like the halos reducing or effecting the edges of the stock reflectors light pattern?

·
Registered
66 Posts
@kburns7719 Looks good! Just curious what halos did you go with? And did you see any difference in the light pattern, like the halos reducing or effecting the edges of the stock reflectors light pattern?
You're talking to me literally just a few hours after I finished install haha, so I haven't gotten to drive at night yet. Definitely concerned about light blockage, but since I plan on retrofitting a projector into these at some point I'm thinking I'll ignore it for now (or throw in LED bulbs for better output since the stock headlights kinda suck anyways). These are fully built headlight assemblies from AJT Distributers. I got them at this amazon link:
AJP Distributer Headlights
I'm not a huge fan of the design (or the complexity) of the side markers that came with them, so I'm selling those on here right now actually.

·
Registered
189 Posts
@Matadr Nice to see new enthusiasts just starting out. Many years ago, lol for me it was also installing my first car audio system. Which oddly led to a career in the industry for almost two decades. This is a great tread because you see everything from engine rebuilds like jamesepoop is doing, cool suspension or lighting upgrades like others, or people just starting out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Had to edit this, yes you won’t have any blockage as that’s an entire new assembly. Looks good, I thought you installed halo rings in the stock OEM housing. Something I’ve considered, but was concerned the halo rings might block or interfere with the stock reflectors. Good job though,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had to edit this, yes you won’t have any blockage as that’s an entire new assembly. Looks good, I thought you installed halo rings in the stock OEM housing. Something I’ve considered, but was concerned the halo rings might block or interfere with the stock reflectors. Good job though,
It is an entirely new assembly, but to my eye the reflector is almost identical to stock... so we will see. Definitely is potential for blockage. But ya, the real project was how I wired it, not the halo itself.

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Got started on the under hood electrical. Aux battery, relocate emissions pump.

Got the relocate emissions pump done. I'll get the airbox back in tomorrow after I get some weather stripping.

A dusty before:

IMG_0870.JPG

The emissions pump. The power steering reservoir get moved towards the center of the engine a little. Don't have to disconnect line or anything

IMG_0871.JPG

Behind the air box. The three studs the relocate mount uses.

IMG_0872.JPG

The bracket and pump mounted. The extra space with the studs is for the window washer reservoir relocate

IMG_0875.JPG

Electrical and hoses complete.

IMG_0876.JPG

Tomorrow night airbox install and dual battery kit install

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,424 Posts
Rain all weekend and caught the end of it today.

-slotted the upper mounting holes (clearances too tight) and installed DD transmission mount.
-Bolted ac compressor
-install injectors and manifold
View attachment 1144559

View attachment 1144560
Wish I’d known about the solid tranny mount - just swapped mine about a month ago after the 2
rubber parts began to crack away from the metal. Here’s what the new OE mount looks like:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
@debFJVT They look similar side by side! Now that I look a the stock one better.. I would even consider injecting polyurethane into that void between the two rubber cushions. You can imagine how much it flexes if it was able to tear the rubber away from the metal. This engine likes to rock!

·
Desert Moderator
7,299 Posts
Went ahead and flushed the power steering system with new ATF Dexron IV. Feels better upon my initial driving of it around the neighborhood, but my darn clicking noise is still there. Also discovered last night that one of my Icon rear long travel shocks is leaking. Luckily I only installed them in March so they are still under warranty. I will send the leaking one in to be rebuilt but also may send the other just in case. Icon said they could check its pressure and make sure it is good to go for the future.

And yesterday I took a closer look at my fender cracks and drilled holes at the end of the crack I could access to hopefully prevent it from spreading.

Also, has anyone ever had a crack occur in this spot? Right above the UCAs inside the wheel well.
View attachment 1144102
Yep. I think it's partially to do with the weight of the battery and hucking it off too many jumps.

·
Desert Moderator
7,299 Posts
@debFJVT They look similar side by side! Now that I look a the stock one better.. I would even consider injecting polyurethane into that void between the two rubber cushions. You can imagine how much it flexes if it was able to tear the rubber away from the metal. This engine likes to rock!
Did you come across any poly options for the engine mounts? Mine will need replacing soon and I dont really want to go solid...

·
Banned
263 Posts
I installed some new halo headlights! I eventually plan on retrofitting these, but one step (and dollar) at a time. I got pretty clever with these and made my light stock actually make sense now. On my 2014 there are 4 options: OFF, DRL, -, and fully on. DRL used to just be dimmed headlights (which carried into the "-", or parking light setting too), but now the options are: OFF, DRL with the actual halo but no headlights, - with the halo and my parking lights, and then fully on with the headlights on too. What do you guys think?
View attachment 1144497 View attachment 1144498 View attachment 1144499

Link to where you got these?? Looks good!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Link to where you got these?? Looks good!
I got them off Amazon- I threw the link in another reply post a few messages up the page. Unfortunately you can only buy the headlights with the matching side markers right now (I didn't use them)... hopefully they change that soon.

47501 - 47520 of 47611 Posts