Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47521 - 47540 of 47611 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Did you come across any poly options for the engine mounts? Mine will need replacing soon and I dont really want to go solid...
This one has a poly bushing in between that twists as the engine rocks but limits to lateral twisting instead of the rubber which may allow forward and aft. If I were staying stock and wanted to increase stiffness, an old racers trick is to fill with window weld or urethane from a tube to fill the gap. More vibes and not quite solid. You can even find different compound urethane that may fit your needs.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Nothing crazy, just some headlights, grill and bug deflector. Was going to grab the TT wings, but after getting side-swiped last week and them scraping the wing, thinking plasti-dip might suit me better. I won't be as angry if it happens again before I get my steel bumper.

Also ordered some Baja Designs S2 Sports in yellow and some Caliber 9 brackets for the lower grill. Need fogs.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Got the AUX battery kit installed. I'll be starting on the wires. Where I was going to run them doesn't exist. I saw some pics of a T4R install. The engine compartment just looks the same. :)

Took her out for a 30 minute drive, part freeway and part backroads. No issues other than the exhaust smell on startup after the battery had been disconnected for 24 hours.

The Shrockworks kits have gone together very nicely. Good directions with pictures.

And I replaced the air cleaner filter with the spare. I'll wash the other one and have it ready.

The plate installed, the power steering reservoir and a/c line ready to mount. The window washer bottle is not near as close as it looks.

IMG_0881.JPG

Plastic tray liner and components mounted.

IMG_0882.JPG

With battery. The Main battery has a 1" spacer under it. I'll be removing the spacer. The Shrockworks kit doesn't use a spacer. I think I like the battery sitting lower. Playing the wide angle lens on my new iPhone 12 Pro. I screwed up a little and the image is distorted the Main battery is not sitting as high as it looks.

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Small but nice

Lonnie made a little bracket for the ground buss that mounts under the existing holes in the fuse/relay module.

Where Jade doesn't already have threaded mounting holes we are using rivnuts

d_1202a.jpg

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

·
Premium Member
2013 FJ OD Manual
374 Posts
Took my baby to the Auto Repair shop for estimate of repairs. Wife took a bird strike that left an area above the windshield with missing Army Green paint, when I investigated it was peeling upward and notice more areas on the roof with missing paint. A dent in driver side door from visit to shop who didn't want to take care of it. Along with some refinishing of bumpers, sliders & possibly roof rack with Line X, windshield replacement and wheel replacements per my purchased "preferred customer" coverage from the dealership, 4K on the bid.
DSCF0009.JPG
DSCF0011.JPG
DSCF0012.JPG
DSCF0016.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Because of the remote oil filter we had to make an adapter for the Blue Sea ACR (automatic charging relay) We won't be using the Shrockworks ACR/Fuse mount I bought. My bad, didn't realize the filter mount would interfere.

A few more rivnuts for mounting the high current fuses. Cheated and made a mount in the side of the Airaid air box.

Adapter plate for the side of the filter mount. For the ACR

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

For the fuse holder near the main battery

IMG_0893.JPG

For the fuse holder near the aux battery

IMG_0894.JPG

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Nice work there @Lee44 !! Careful, you might hurt some feelings with all those mods to chassis. ;)

.modified OE heater hoses for s/c clearance, goes under instead of up and over. Normally, magnuson provides the extension hose but I received 3/4" instead of 5/8". To be fair, magnuson is sending the proper replacements. Great customer service so far but DIY for now

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

Yokohama tires and new brakes. Like having new sneakers as a kid 😆

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did this yesterday using 3000 grit some dawn soap, wet sand, night shades and clear coat. Had them back on and drove home in about 5 hrs. Darker than I planned so I have the brightest marker light diode dynamics makes ordered up. Feel like it changed the entire look, very pleased

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
Checked my tire pressure after getting my new Toyo Open Country MTs. They only put 29lbs. in these ten ply tires. Raised it to 42. One guy said I could run 60 psi in them, but I guess I'm going to have to do a chalk test, to get where the new shoes are happy.

Reactions: Lee44

·
Registered
385 Posts
Checked my tire pressure after getting my new Toyo Open Country MTs. They only put 29lbs. in these ten ply tires. Raised it to 42. One guy said I could run 60 psi in them, but I guess I'm going to have to do a chalk test, to get where the new shoes are happy.
I just got the Toyo Open Country AT3 mine are also LT rated and 10 ply. I thought they looked a tad low after getting them installed. Whats this chalk test that you speak of?

47521 - 47540 of 47611 Posts