Tried to install some sliders from Orange Boxx Fabrications that I ordered, but realized I did not have the instructions. Sliders are simple, I know, but I am an aviation inspector, so you are not going to catch me installing safe for flight equipment without a proper torque, so I email the company.
According to the president of Orange Boxx, the process was so simple they did not ha e instructions, but said he would write some up for me. I told him yes, I need the torque values. He then provided a PDF. (That he just wrote? Or was too lazy to send me before?)
In the instructions it mentions relocation brackets that must be installed for the parking brake cables. Seems like something that I should have had instructions for instead of expecting me to know that I need to fab a custom bracket for.
When I asked him about this, I was told that it was not necessary at all despite the instructions claiming it is necessary, pictures of the bracket installed and everything.
Between this and the **** quality and flat our wrong hardware that was sent with the rear molle racks, I will never have anything to do with orange boxx again.
On a side note, anyone know where I can get some parking brake cable relocation brackets since the company I paid hundreds of dollars for them refuses to send them to me?
Finished mounting the ACR and fuse holders. Put the new Blue Top in the main battery spot and the old one on the passenger side. Will start the wiring soon.
Started to remove the broken LF flare and discovered why the aftermarket flare folks cut the flare off where it goes under the front bumper and under the molding. Hard to get at. Friend of a friend with a body shop did it for $85. Did it on the spot and I had Jade back in an hour. I'd have probably broke something. He didn't remove the bumper, he just loosened the fender liner and pushed it back. He pulled the molding under the doors.
The ACR (automatic charging relay) is not as close to the oil filter as it looks.
I replaced both the hood supports today. It literally took about two minutes per side. Both the old ones could barely hold up the hood. One of the new ones held the hood up while I replaced the other side.
Installing lower temp thermostat. Required some modification of the water neck. Never seen a design like this where they have a cradle for the thermostat to be held in place on the neck with the pressure of the spring. Rather annoying and now i see why some places will sell the whole neck assembly with thermostat installed. I chopped off the extra posts and still need to smooth it out.
What it looked like