Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47841 - 47860 of 47894 Posts

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Gave her a bath. Temps are good enough that I could do that. However the high pressure spray peeled a piece of rubber weather stripping off of the suicide door. I glued that back on. Also applied RainX to the passenger side of the windshield. The last time I used RainX the windshield was really streaked. I think it was the warm weather. Cloudy and 50 degrees outside now. I hope to have better luck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ok - so while I have this in the shop , front end will be torn down completely. I'm adding a Toytec 3" ultimate lift with SCA upper control arms. Truck has 137K . What other parts should I look at replacing while it's apart? Had new OEM front axles installed 2/20 . Thanks in advance
Wheel bearings?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Body mount chop and bfg MT 35x12.50s on 17x9 procomp wheels. Traded my homie my white grille for his black trail teams grille. Also Found good secure spots for some recovery essentials. Compressor, wheel chocks, blocks for jacking to compensate for lift and tires, 30’ tow strap, tools, tire repair kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
other day...left my rear mat at the carwash. That's like a $100 item, so I'll have to get a new one:

returned my rough riding Mickey Thompson's for some super supple Continental's that better meet my needs

failed at using an "easy out" drill bit to remove the stub of the antennae that some coward broke off. not sure how I'm gonna get that out so I can screw in the new one

pondered a paint job because I bought my FJ with a terrible plasti-dipped spray paint driveway job blacked out roof. End caps, handles, and valances were dipped as well and failing miserably. Didn't know enough when I got it about how poor of a job was done and what it would take to correct it. I still got an ok deal though and am ready to dump in some money on oem black caps, valances, and handles and all the real black out parts. So I'm either just painting the roof black or just going for a totally new color to get more fo my money.

I'll come back with some pics if anything exciting happens.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So... Got my steps off, finally
They were in the way so many times and got so many hits
Used them when my wife was pregnant and had issues climbing in :D but since then they only been in the way... So bye!!!

Also, got the shift and transfer knobs replaced... Pretty simple and great look (y)(y)

Got also the Ebrake handle, but for some reason I just can't seem to find a way to remove the original... Only the button is out and the rest is super stuck... Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated
20210213_194738.jpg
20210213_164533.jpg
20210213_151308.jpg

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
267 Posts
Gave her a bath. Temps are good enough that I could do that. However the high pressure spray peeled a piece of rubber weather stripping off of the suicide door. I glued that back on. Also applied RainX to the passenger side of the windshield. The last time I used RainX the windshield was really streaked. I think it was the warm weather. Cloudy and 50 degrees outside now. I hope to have better luck.
I have used a product called REJEX for 20 years on all of my windows, It does not leave a film. You can use it on anything that is non porous, I use it on my headlights, turn signals, brake lights, side mirror covers, trim around the windows and many other places. Do a test area if you are unsure. I use it as my primary wax for everything, great stuff!

The cleaning tip I found to remove bugs from the windshield is to wet down the windshield / area for a while to let the bugs soften and then wipe with dryer sheets. The softener in the dryer sheets and the water makes the bugs come off. I keep some in my FJ to clean my windows on trips.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
49 Posts
“Installed” some carpeted floor mats that I bought on OfferUp. (20 bucks for all 5!!, good condition too!)

was happily surprised that the little anchor tabs were not broken. Just spun in by the previous owner!

Passenger tail light going on tomorrow could be easy but gotta take down the factory boom box

47841 - 47860 of 47894 Posts