Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47881 - 47894 of 47894 Posts

·
Premium Member
14'FJ, Bilstein 6112/5160, SPC UCA's, Spod BantamX, 285 70 Toyo AT3, DD SS3 Max fogs, BD LP6 pros.
249 Posts

Finally got around to putting on the behind-the-spare-additional-brake-light today.

Went on easier than I thought. All I had to do was enlarge the center hole, move one of the pre drilled mounting holes and make a new mounting hole. But compared to continuing with the one I was making, this was easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im waiting for the weather to break here to install the same light. Already dremeled the light so it fits nicely. Any tips? Or is it pretty straightforward? Looks good !

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Im waiting for the weather to break here to install the same light. Already dremeled the light so it fits nicely. Any tips? Or is it pretty straightforward? Looks good !
It’s pretty straightforward. I used a wd40 straw and lithium grease to pull the wires through the gasket. That’s the most difficult part.

Reactions: Ruuster13

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

Finally got around to putting on the behind-the-spare-additional-brake-light today.

Went on easier than I thought. All I had to do was enlarge the center hole, move one of the pre drilled mounting holes and make a new mounting hole. But compared to continuing with the one I was making, this was easy.

Like!
Link?
D

·
Registered
49 Posts
What brand are those? I`ve been wanting to get some but the ones i`ve seen are kinda expencive :)
Yeap RCI.
Got them for 110 on a group sale. That’s probably about as cheap as they are gonna get. From any brand. I chose these because they had the longest leading edge, the other ones I felt like they would buckle being so short.

47881 - 47894 of 47894 Posts