Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

48041 - 48060 of 48137 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did a full interior lighting upgrade last week. After replacing a fuse I blew, it went great. :oops: I also changed out the mirror lights. But what I'm most excited about are my new wheels/tires! Just got home from the mechanic's.

I was a bit worried about going too far out from the fenders with the 4.5" backspacing, but it's not too bad! And, holy cow, I think they look good!
Mickey Thompson Classic III in black with Cooper Discoverer AT3 285/75/16.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,240 Posts
Gave my FJ its first good wash of the spring today and I installed my little grille stripes from Cruiser Gear! Fingers crossed I win the Land Cruiser FJ40 they are giving away!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had new head unit and front facing camera installed. when all I use to see was hood and blues sky now I can see the trail...

plus it has wireless CarPlay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I cleaned the K&N air filter and installed new cabin filter. Both were dirty AF.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
In the end nothing. Well I fid rinse the engine and bay off.
I attempted to change the engine oil and filter. But the new filter didn’t fit. It’s a high capacity Denso 150-2066. There’s not enough clearance for it to thread on. It starts, but drags as it threads on and no way it would bottom.
I could remove the mount/housing and take a die grinder to it. But why open a can of worms?

I put the filter that I removed back on. I hadn’t drained the oil yet
I ordered one from NAPA, the platinum filter is on sale, $0.50 less than the gold. So the Wix XP.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put on an $85 eBay snorkel over the weekend. It had a couple of minor blemishes but it will have more after my next trip so no worries. The quality was pretty good for the price and like everyone has said the template was off.

The front upper corner of the snorkel won’t suck up super tight to the body so there is a small gap but it’s minimal. The rest of it fits nicely along the body. Not bad overall but you do get what you pay for so we will see how it holds up over the next 5 years.

Reactions: rotorhed1
48041 - 48060 of 48137 Posts