Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

48061 - 48080 of 48137 Posts

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Once again, nothing.
I stopped at NAPA to pick up the oil filter that I had ordered. Nope.
The old lady in the upstairs office told me that since it isn’t stocked she would have to order a dozen. And she didn’t want a dozen. She could sell me a standard filter that was in stock. I said that this was the premium one and was on sale for $0.50 less than the standard. A d she kept calling them “ racing filters “.
So I said see ya never, and left.

Rant over

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It’s a high capacity Denso 150-2066. There’s not enough clearance for it to thread on.
Doh sorry to hear that. I had the oil cooling heat exchanger block and it sits a little higher than stock about 1.25". Let me know if you want your money back. Didn't know it didn't fit without the block

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Doh sorry to hear that. I had the oil cooling heat exchanger block and it sits a little higher than stock about 1.25". Let me know if you want your money back. Didn't know it didn't fit without the block
It’s not the end of the world. I don’t have any hard feelings about it, not upset. If that’s the worst thing that happened to me, then I’m doing great.
I may post them, see if anyone can use them. Maybe on a different setup than mine.

·
Registered
2014 GSJ15L-GKASKA 2LF
215 Posts
Once again, nothing.
I stopped at NAPA to pick up the oil filter that I had ordered. Nope.
The old lady in the upstairs office told me that since it isn’t stocked she would have to order a dozen. And she didn’t want a dozen. She could sell me a standard filter that was in stock. I said that this was the premium one and was on sale for $0.50 less than the standard. A d she kept calling them “ racing filters “.
So I said see ya never, and left.

Rant over
This is why I won’t shop at any Napa stores that are not corporate-owned. The privately owned franchises do this kind of nonsense, and I’ve also had trouble with them not honoring the warrantees of their own store-branded tools and parts. Sorry to hear you’re having so much trouble getting a simple oil filter.

Reactions: rotorhed1

·
Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser 4WD
352 Posts
Took the FJ in for rear brakes. Threw a brake pad in the driveway last night. On the way to the shop this morning it got interesting ...losing fluid rapidly in the right rear and pretty much manually braking cuz using the Fred Flintstone method was not an option.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
I wanted to post this in the What did you buy today thread. But I can’t find the thread.
After the runaround at NAPA yesterday I tried a different approach. I ordered online yesterday, but selected ship to home option. Free shipping, that special may be over.
I ordered two filters, they arrived a few minutes ago. Shipped UPS from Albuquerque.

·
Registered
2007 Metallic Sliver FJ, Auto, 285/70/17 BFG KO2, 3inch Bilstein OME lift SPC upper control arms.
73 Posts
Got my alignment done today. The ride feels pretty good but not perfect. Posting the numbers for anybody who understands what they mean. How dose this look? 🤔
F8E2CECC-920F-48EA-AA2D-4DDEE4488475.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Removed all the nasty stuff from the air condenser drain line with an air compressor. All that water was getting into the whole passenger side seat when I used the ac :cautious: all better now though

Anyone know if it'll be a chronic issue?

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Removed all the nasty stuff from the air condenser drain line with an air compressor. All that water was getting into the whole passenger side seat when I used the ac :cautious: all better now though

Anyone know if it'll be a chronic issue?
'13 with 115K miles, not an issue yet. No serious mudding or deep water. How many miles?

·
Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Auto
18 Posts
I took delivery of my "New To Me" FJ today.....

There was a fresh receipt for an oil change of Valvoline 5w30, so I left it alone.

I did dump the transfer case and differentials. They were nasty......

Added SuperTech Synthetic 75w90

·
Registered
2007 Metallic Sliver FJ, Auto, 285/70/17 BFG KO2, 3inch Bilstein OME lift SPC upper control arms.
73 Posts
The caster would be better if it were near the same. Even .25 off may cause some pulling in the steering.
Yep I have a slight pull to the drivers side and the steering wheel is slightly clocked. Any body know a good alignment shop I the Vancouver wa/ Portland Oregon area? 🤔. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep I have a slight pull to the drivers side and the steering wheel is slightly clocked. Any body know a good alignment shop I the Vancouver wa/ Portland Oregon area? 🤔. Thanks.
Looks like you have SPC upper control arms, you should be closer to 4+ on that caster... it will ride better. Looks like they tried to set it close to factory specs which is 2.5 I think. It'll want to wander that low.

I have no experience with shops in your area, but Firestone has a lifetime alignment you can purchase so you only have to pay once.

48061 - 48080 of 48137 Posts