Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

48141 - 48160 of 48258 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
205 Posts
Geometry

This explains it way better than I can. I used a bracket extension to make the bar level and just used the stock bar. Nothing wrong with an adjustable bar and it sure looks a lot stouter.

Panhard

Bracket extension
View attachment 1160031

After lift, no correction to level. 2.5-3.0 lift - bar is not level
View attachment 1160032

Correction. Actually a little over correction. Next time I get Jade in the air I'll move the bar down one hole in the bracket to make it level.
View attachment 1160033

I know we have members that really understand suspension geometry.
I'll be happy to get some more deep answers on that as well...
I got the rockmen adjustable panhard... With the Icon 3" and few weeks back I added daystar 1.5" poly spacer to the rear...
My angle there is like a slide at a kids park
Pretty sure I need to make some adjustment there, just not so sure on how or what
Advice will be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
If you haven't read the article in the link I posted, please do. It explains it pretty well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Scraped a dead mouse off the passenger side floor mat. WTF rodents?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check your interior air filter and engine air filter (they love tearing those apart for nest material) and inspect for chewed wires under the hood. Possibly set a trap under your hood over night. If there is one, there are probably more.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
362 Posts
Scraped a dead mouse off the passenger side floor mat. WTF rodents?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rodent Damage

I had damage but fortunately mine was minor, some folks have had thousands of dollars of damage. I have tried some friendly ways to keep them away but rodents are everywhere and I was trying to think up something that is portable and goes with my FJ. The solution I came up with is to mount a bar / brick of rodent poison in my engine bay with zip ties. You can cut it to size. The bar is extremely hard and durable, mount it somewhere that it will stay dry.

I purchased Farnam Rodentex Multi-Feed Bars. The bars are solid (moisture and mold resistant) and you can cut them to size. I cut a piece of the block and zip tied it on the inside of the engine bay over the passenger wheel well. The best part is it gives me 24 / 365 protection wherever I go or so I hope! I will also monitor the bar for chew marks.

Other Options:
Live trap / relocate
Moth Balls
Move vehicle
Motion (Battery) activated light / strobe light in engine compartment.
A plugged (Timer) in light / strobe light will get them to relocate but they may come back.
Baits inside the FJ but they may die where you can't reach them.

Unfortunately it is an ongoing battle.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
362 Posts
Rodent Damage

I had damage but fortunately mine was minor, some folks have had thousands of dollars of damage. I have tried some friendly ways to keep them away but rodents are everywhere and I was trying to think up something that is portable and goes with my FJ. The solution I came up with is to mount a bar / brick of rodent poison in my engine bay with zip ties. You can cut it to size. The bar is extremely hard and durable, mount it somewhere that it will stay dry.

I purchased Farnam Rodentex Multi-Feed Bars. The bars are solid (moisture and mold resistant) and you can cut them to size. I cut a piece of the block and zip tied it on the inside of the engine bay over the passenger wheel well. The best part is it gives me 24 / 365 protection wherever I go or so I hope! I will also monitor the bar for chew marks.

Other Options:
Live trap / relocate
Moth Balls
Move vehicle
Motion (Battery) activated light / strobe light in engine compartment.
A plugged (Timer) in light / strobe light will get them to relocate but they may come back.
Baits inside the FJ but they may die where you can't reach them.

Unfortunately it is an ongoing battle.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
After thinking about it... The rodent made it inside most likely from the engine side. My guess is the firewall or AC / Heat vents. I would check the filter behind the glove box (Watch Youtube videos to remove) and look for signs of a rodent. I would then cover the inside vents with painters tape, turn on system and see if you can find any leaks where the air is blowing out. I would also look where wires are going through the firewall. Good luck!

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
トヨタ Master
12,149 Posts
I installed a Smittybilt RTT, then took it out this last weekend on a Boy Scout camp out at Colorado National Monument. Great for sleeping, sucks for fuel economy.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Don't feel bad. Fuel economy and FJs aren't typically synonymous. How was the matress pad for comfort? Any pros/cons with the Smittybilt?

·
トヨタ Master
12,149 Posts
How did you decide to set the length?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm really not sure where to do the measurements but I'm sure I can google it, but you have to make sure the panhard bar is level first. (if its lifted, its not level) IMHO
Just get it close to what the old length is and then get a static loaded 4 wheel alignment. Done.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I installed a new Sherpa roof rack and Diode Dynamics light bar on the Crackrock Crawler this weekend. (I'm working on a discount code for friends, but here is the link. The Fuji (2007-2014 FJ Cruiser Roof Rack). ) Very happy I waited so long to find the right one.
IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_1967.jpg
IMG_1912.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't feel bad. Fuel economy and FJs aren't typically synonymous. How was the matress pad for comfort? Any pros/cons with the Smittybilt?
CC, I liked it for sleeping, the pad is only about 2 inches thick, and I'm pushing 260lbs, so it's a bit thin, probably gonna get another thin, harder pad to augment it. Plenty of room for two, and really long. It was good in the cold,

·
Registered
18 Posts
CC, I liked it for sleeping, the pad is only about 2 inches thick, and I'm pushing 260lbs, so it's a bit thin, probably gonna get another thin, harder pad to augment it. Plenty of room for two, and really long. It was good in the cold,

48141 - 48160 of 48258 Posts