Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

48161 - 48180 of 48258 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cont... I buttoned down the awnings an fly because of +25mph winds Saturday. Plenty long and room for two. I cracked a factory crossbar when I first installed and climbed up in it, so I would recommend installing it on aftermarket rack.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
トヨタ Master
12,149 Posts
CC, I liked it for sleeping, the pad is only about 2 inches thick, and I'm pushing 260lbs, so it's a bit thin, probably gonna get another thin, harder pad to augment it. Plenty of room for two, and really long. It was good in the cold,
Thanks. I'd heard they were a bit thin. I have a challenged lower back when I sleep so something firm is crucial to not get fatigued the next day. I know some of the higher end tents have a 3" memory foam. The Summit Ranier is the one I was going to buy after trying it out at FJ Summit in '19. They discontinued it right after that. Should've bought the floor model when I had the chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks. I'd heard they were a bit thin. I have a challenged lower back when I sleep so something firm is crucial to not get fatigued the next day. I know some of the higher end tents have a 3" memory foam. The Summit Ranier is the one I was going to buy after trying it out at FJ Summit in '19. They discontinued it right after that. Should've bought the floor model when I had the chance.
There is plenty of room, even folded, for a thicker foam pad. I have a couple of blankets and an unrolled sleeping bag stored in threre now. Some people get a thicker pad or an additional thin pad to make sleeping a bit more comfortable, I'm planning on doing that myself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
ripped this out

and replaced it with this

those ugly jeep-looking switches have bugged me ever since i hacked the panel to put them in 9 years ago. couldn't find toyota-compatible switches back then. it still bugs me that the new switches have sort of a bevel around the edges. sucks being OCD. :rolleyes:

oh yeah, if anyone wants the old panel with the switches you can have it for free. just pay the shipping.

·
Premium Member
13,483 Posts
ripped this out

View attachment 1160789

and replaced it with this

View attachment 1160790

those ugly jeep-looking switches have bugged me ever since i hacked the panel to put them in 9 years ago. couldn't find toyota-compatible switches back then. it still bugs me that the new switches have sort of a bevel around the edges. sucks being OCD. :rolleyes:

oh yeah, if anyone wants the old panel with the switches you can have it for free. just pay the shipping.
IMO the big rocker switches are ugly.

Had to check my switches for the bevel.....sure enough there they were.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Replaced both CV axles, inner and outer tie rods on each side. I am tired.
I just did my CV axles and it was a pretty easy job...I have the parts to do the inner and outer tie rods. The video I watched makes it looks pretty easy. How did it go for you ? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finished off a restoration of sorts. Some might even say 20 years from now that it is a Trail Teams replica. But I bought a black 2007 FJ with 120k miles a year and a half ago. Someone had tried to black it out with plasti dip and spray paint. It was all melting and peeling. The plastic parts were all sun damaged and spotty. The Colorado sun is brutal.

It was kind of a mess and I didn’t realize how bad it was until I got it home. Probably my overplayed a bit at $15K.

Decided to show it some love with:
Fixing all the dents
Repainting is VW Dove Blue (very close to Cavalry)
All new plastic pieces
Official black out handles, valances, mirrors, corners, grille, etc.
33” all terrains
Bushwacker flares
2” bilsteins to level
Sprint booster
TRD filter
Bull bar
7” stereo with sub
Probably a couple other things :)

I’d like to think that it is worth a solid $20K now and rising And a good investment. Most importantly I’m happy and plan on keeping it for a very long time :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
It was yesturday but had discount tire rotate wifes tires and got 2 new tires and took the 2 oldest and mounted for the trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,483 Posts
Finished off a restoration of sorts. Some might even say 20 years from now that it is a Trail Teams replica. But I bought a black 2007 FJ with 120k miles a year and a half ago. Someone had tried to black it out with plasti dip and spray paint. It was all melting and peeling. The plastic parts were all sun damaged and spotty. The Colorado sun is brutal.

It was kind of a mess and I didn’t realize how bad it was until I got it home. Probably my overplayed a bit at $15K.

Decided to show it some love with:
Fixing all the dents
Repainting is VW Dove Blue (very close to Cavalry)
All new plastic pieces
Official black out handles, valances, mirrors, corners, grille, etc.
33” all terrains
Bushwacker flares
2” bilsteins to level
Sprint booster
TRD filter
Bull bar
7” stereo with sub
Probably a couple other things :)

I’d like to think that it is worth a solid $20K now and rising And a good investment. Most importantly I’m happy and plan on keeping it for a very long time :)

View attachment 1161099

Dang......that is a sexy colour!

48161 - 48180 of 48258 Posts