Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

48181 - 48200 of 48258 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 AT, 4WD, Toytec 3" Lift, SPC UCA's, Nitro 4:56 , ARB Front/Rear, Full Rack, 285/75/R18 NRG,
25 Posts
I have no idea, everything is completely stock. But this is the 3rd Odyssey battery I had die on me in the 2 year range. The other two I had in my other car which was completely stock as well.

Odyssey 31 series with upgraded cables and ground , added 130 amp Alternator and HKB blade fuse . Charging right at 14.7 amps. So far so good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Upgraded my front TRD Bilstein coil spring from 600 lbs to 700 lbs (Eibach) to even out my rig, reduce if not eliminate front sag, and compensate for added weights (front bumper, steel skid plates and later on an added winch). And while there, replaced my brake lines to a longer, stainless braided lines. Thanks to Josh.

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Upgraded the rear brake lines too (before and after pix). Before pix courtesy of Josh.

How it sits now:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have no idea, everything is completely stock. But this is the 3rd Odyssey battery I had die on me in the 2 year range. The other two I had in my other car which was completely stock as well.
Did you do the fuse mod that kicks up the voltage by like .5v from the alternator? I forget whats it called but, it's out there on the forum. Or others just put theirs on a charger every few weeks over night.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
MikeS11222,
Here's the GM part # & link to the Chitown4x4 tech sheet:
GM Multi Purpose Inline Diode 12135037
GM is much cheaper than the Aussie one, as FJ4WS said.
Also easier & quicker to find.
I have mod on both my FJs.
Running Aussie one on my '11 (w/dual batteries) on my '11,
& GM one on my'07 ( just a single battery, so far).
keeps 'em both @ around 14v
No difference in performance/reliability.
HTH!
D

·
Registered
2014 GSJ15L-GKASKA 2LF
224 Posts
Upgraded my front TRD Bilstein coil spring from 600 lbs to 700 lbs (Eibach) to even out my rig, reduce if not eliminate front sag, and compensate for added weights (front bumper, steel skid plates and later on an added winch). And while there, replaced my brake lines to a longer, stainless braided lines. Thanks to Josh.

How it seats now:

Looks awesome Ramon. Do you have the 2014 TTUE TRD suspension? I’ve been shopping for springs and was wondering if these would fit… Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: monflores11

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Looks awesome Ramon. Do you have the 2014 TTUE TRD suspension? I’ve been shopping for springs and was wondering if these would fit… Thanks for sharing!
Yes, I have the TRD Bilstein suspension. I just replaced the front coil spring. Eibach is also the manufacturer of the TRD coil by the way. Same configuration - 14" x 13" except the spring rate (and color).

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
205 Posts
Started on my own but had some complications so decided to take it to someone who knows what his doing (believe me here it's not that easy to find a good mods shop / mechanic)

Bottom line here's the news of the last week:

• Off road garage Snorkel (Kazakhstani)
  • Diff drop kit
  • Kicker speakers all around: components door and dash, 3.5" rear pillar and 8" sub
  • 9" android stereo (Kingbeats)
  • TRD 16" rims
  • Replaced the M1 bumper lights switches (didn't like the original for a long time already)

Also had to paint the hood... not paying attention while closing it with tools in the gap, got bent and dent... But fixed as new

And that's it for now
(yeah right...)

SmartSelect_20210507-162844_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20210507-162720_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20210507-162754_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20210507-162812_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
2014 GSJ15L-GKASKA 2LF
224 Posts
Started on my own but had some complications so decided to take it to someone who knows what his doing (believe me here it's not that easy to find a good mods shop / mechanic)

Bottom line here's the news of the last week:

• Off road garage Snorkel (Kazakhstani)
  • Diff drop kit
  • Kicker speakers all around: components door and dash, 3.5" rear pillar and 8" sub
  • 9" android stereo (Kingbeats)
  • TRD 16" rims
  • Replaced the M1 bumper lights switches (didn't like the original for a long time already)

Also had to paint the hood... not paying attention while closing it with tools in the gap, got bent and dent... But fixed as new

And that's it for now
(yeah right...)
One of the first things I did when I was installing my M1 bumper and lights was cut off that awful switch that it comes with and wire in a CH4X4 switch. Nice job! More info on your new head unit please… It looks like it fills in the entire space? Or did you still need a dash kit?

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
205 Posts
One of the first things I did when I was installing my M1 bumper and lights was cut off that awful switch that it comes with and wire in a CH4X4 switch. Nice job! More info on your new head unit please… It looks like it fills in the entire space? Or did you still need a dash kit?
The head unit fits perfectly "Kingbeats K2 plus"
It's actually very good as it comes with its own panel to replace the OEM panel, perfect fit with the knobs and all...

I bought it from AliExpress, first time ever to buy from there, after a friend told me he buys there a lot... So I went for it...
There are quite few options
I basically decided to check it without knowing anything about it before... But looked good, shipped good, arrived good, works great and the sound is very good

Cost about 250 USD

It's an android 10 system
9" display
I got the 4gb/64gb version
Plugged in Sim card and set to go...

SmartSelect_20210507-182835_AliExpress.jpg

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
[/QUOTE]
The tie down is the same ones used on the floor of the cargo area, Toyota part # 58460-35012 the description is called Striker Assy. Found them on E-bay as the dealer can be a little pricy, I just wanted to use the same ones in the FJ. I did re-use the same 8mm bolt. I also bought Install Bay ABS116 ABS Universal 12 X 12 X 1/16-Inch plastic sheet to cover the background metal just cut out a circle. Also covered the bolt head with a 8mm bolt cover bought on Amazon. The tie downs are stout and you can crank on them to hold stuff down.

·
Registered
2014 GSJ15L-GKASKA 2LF
224 Posts
Installed a battery disconnect for my winch. I wanted something to isolate the battery when not in use to prevent any parasitic drain from the battery, as well as prevent unauthorized use when I’m not in my rig. Solved both with a Blue Sea m-series 6006 battery switch, a 2 ft. length of 2 AWG cable, all mounted on a C4 Fabrication bracket marketed for 5th gen 4Runners (which have the engine and more importantly the same threaded mounting holes).

The mount comes bare 12 gauge steel:

Two pieces bolt together:

Test fit before paint. I did have to relocate the #2 fuse box (for the inverter, if your FJ is equipped) to the rear most threaded hole. You’ll see it mounted behind the tray in later pictures.

3 coats of matte black high heat Rustoleum:

Relocating the #2 inverter fuse box, along with the relay for the lights in my M1 bumper:

Bracket mounted before I realized that none of the pre-drilled holes lined up with the smaller Blue Sea m-series switches. Time to unbolt tray and break out the cobalt drills and cutting fluid...

Holes drilled, tray reinstalled, switch mounted, and wires run to battery:

All buttoned up and testing winch:

I’m really happy with how it came out - I wanted something robust, easy to use, and factory-looking. This solution checks all the boxes.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,841 Posts
changed motor and rear diff oil... now drinking a beer at the pub procrastinating. p.s., 200mL syringe makes adding diff(transfer) oil much cleaner.. takes longer, but cleaner

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 6 speed manual, completely stock
16 Posts
I did a test hook-up of my new Malone EcoLight Sport kayak trailer combined with a two bike hitch carrier. I had to use one of those dual hitch extension bars to make it work. Discovered I still need a 4 pin flat electrical extension (2') and longer safety chains which I ordered. The dual hitch extension bar is not something I would ever use on a heavier trailer but with the lightweight kayak trailer it works just fine.
IMG_6704.JPG
IMG_6712.JPG
IMG_6714.JPG
IMG_6717.JPG
IMG_6719.JPG
IMG_6720.JPG
IMG_6721.JPG
IMG_6715.JPG

·
Registered
5,454 Posts

This might be a weird question about the spring change. When you changed from 600 to 700 lbs springs did you have to adjust the spring height or were they the same height? I have Kings and I want to go from 600 to 700 lbs springs but was curious if I would have to adjust the height or if I can just replace the springs and it will be the same height :)

48181 - 48200 of 48258 Posts