Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
48441 - 48460 of 48493 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJC 6spd Manual
53 Posts
On the wheels. Just asking... It kind of looked like spacers from an angle (I was seeing the pictures on my phone)
I love those wheels! Too bad I just bought new tires for 16" rims :/
The offset is -8 and they're 8.5" wide, so the track is a bit wider than the OEM wheels, but no spacers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats what the FJ is for. I live in the mountains and there aren`t any mini vans here :)
I agree I wish that I had my FJ for the trails but not for the roads up and down the mountains. I warped the rotors on both mini vams going down. Basically held the brakes on for 10 miles at a rip.

·
Mean Time Moderator
6,120 Posts
saving the windshield from cracking after getting a hit by a pebble. FJ got the royal treatment as the men in the shop never saw an fj before in real.
Just had the same experience… tiny tiny chip but got it repaired. The repair guy said it made his day (no week) to see an FJ.

·
トヨタ Master
12,692 Posts
Not mine. This one came in the shop today for a service and wiper replacement.

100_0909.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got around to installing a GMRS radio yesterday.

The radio, next to my 2M/440

The Microphone/Control

I am currently using a pretty crummy antenna. However, I have the rest of today off and I am thinking of removing the headliner and mounting the NMO antenna.

·
Registered
2012 FJC 6spd Manual
53 Posts
Installed the little wind deflector that came with my Front Runner rack. I originally left it off thinking, "How much could this thing really help?" Well, as it turns out, a lot. Don't be dumb like me and install this thing while you're assembling your Front Runner rack, it's much easier when the rack is not on the car.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
294 Posts
Passed to collect some new parts parts and goodies...

Ricochet fuel tank and transfer skids arrived, with the cross member...
Mbrp Cat back exhaust
PCV valve OEM
Thermometer OEM
3 push buttons that I want to change
And few stickers

Pics once all mounted...

Gonna have it ready by Friday before heading on a small beach trip... Going 2 days to drive the coast of Yucatán

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
After getting the run around from the shop I looked up the replacement AC line, $150 is the price, not $450. I had to order from Toyota dealership in CO as Toyota dealer in Kirkland told me not available from their Portland warehouse. Picked up my FJ and told shop I'd do AC line myself since they had it since Tuesday and told me today they got the wrong part and need another day! Picked her up, covered in bird **** when I had told them don't store outside! Used Castrol when I told them Mobil One, they used the driver seat arm rest I always have in the up position and they charged me over $200 to diagnosis a AC issue they couldn't fix!
Got home to wash my baby and what do you know, new dings on upper LH rear quarterpanel, just had this area & roof reworked/painted last year. We'll see if the owner replies to my inquiry, kind of doubt it! Going to have to go to the dealership to have this installed. WTF, where have all the good Auto shops gone?
I won't go back to Kirkland toyota. I found out they were incompetent thieves when I used to take my old 4Runner to them 15+ yrs ago. Not surprised to hear things haven't changed much 😠

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Passed to collect some new parts parts and goodies...

Ricochet fuel tank and transfer skids arrived, with the cross member...
Mbrp Cat back exhaust
PCV valve OEM
Thermometer OEM
3 push buttons that I want to change
And few stickers

Pics once all mounted...

Gonna have it ready by Friday before heading on a small beach trip... Going 2 days to drive the coast of Yucatán
Give yourself lots of time to get that Ricochet stuff installed. I was really impressed with how crappy the fit was on my FJ. The crossmember was especially bad; I had to grind channels into it for the welds on the frame that it fits over.

·
トヨタ Master
12,692 Posts
Give yourself lots of time to get that Ricochet stuff installed. I was really impressed with how crappy the fit was on my FJ. The crossmember was especially bad; I had to grind channels into it for the welds on the frame that it fits over.
Maybe your stuff is bent. :LOL:

All the ones I've installed, including mine, were fine.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I won't go back to Kirkland toyota. I found out they were incompetent thieves when I used to take my old 4Runner to them 15+ yrs ago. Not surprised to hear things haven't changed much 😠
Seems to be common place at any dealership these days sadly.

Same, full set fits like a glove even over my less than perfect stock skids.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

I suppose that's possible. I bought tranny and transfer case skids new directly from Ricochet; if they're bent, they came from the factory that way. I stand by my criticism of Ricochet and my advice to @FJraja . Any quality control process worth a dam should prevent stuff like that from going to customers 😐

·
トヨタ Master
12,692 Posts
I suppose that's possible. I bought tranny and transfer case skids new directly from Ricochet; if they're bent, they came from the factory that way. I stand by my criticism of Ricochet and my advice to @FJraja . Any quality control process worth a dam should prevent stuff like that from going to customers 😐
I was talking about your FJ, not the skids. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

48441 - 48460 of 48493 Posts