Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
48461 - 48480 of 48493 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
294 Posts
😬
I suppose that's possible. I bought tranny and transfer case skids new directly from Ricochet; if they're bent, they came from the factory that way. I stand by my criticism of Ricochet and my advice to @FJraja . Any quality control process worth a dam should prevent stuff like that from going to customers 😐
Thanks for the heads up and advice
I'll keep my fingers crossed for an easy installation
Heard about the grinding part already so for sure you're not the only one who had it
But again, hoping for the best... At the end, we make it fit 😬

·
Registered
2011 FJ Cruiser Iceberg
669 Posts
Inner HID assembly fell off lense, having to bake the headlight to get the outer clear lense off to see if I can repair

For those new to baking headlights...
1. Get headlight ready by removing (2) small screws and removing indicator assembly
2. Get a cookie sheet and wrap in foil
3. preheat over to 325
4. get 3 to 4 flat head screw drivers
5. bake for 5 to 7 minutes
6. pry lense off
7. do what ever you plan on doing
8. repeat process to assemble

·
Registered
2010 FJ - SB M1 Bumper | SB XRC Winch | Rancho RS 5000s
45 Posts
Yesterday I finished the dropping the headliner and installing the NMO mounts.

Here are the antennas. GMRS in the centre rear, VHF/UHF in the centre front, CB (11M) in the left rear by the hinges.
IMG-20210717-183141460-HDR.jpg

IMG-20210717-183207654-HDR.jpg
Which radios are you running? I want to install radios, but I'm not sure what to get.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
294 Posts
Pretty sure not today... But I just saw it today so...

For some reason the link just popped out of place 😧 it's been 3 or 4 months tops since replaced the Moog ones (which held great for over 5 years)

Guess I won't be recommending "Delphi" parts after all... Seemed good quality when arrived to be honest
But well, back to ordering parts

SmartSelect_20210720-171650_Gallery.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Checked the air cleaner before hitting a couple dirt roads today

IMG_1034.JPG

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
The past few days when I turn on the A/C it smells dusty. So popped the cabin air filter out. It was nasty. So replaced it using the furnace filter method. Easy. While digging in the glove box I got the ket to the locking lug nuts. Tomorrow I will take it to Discount Tire for rotation and balance.

This afternoon we have to go to Petco for dog food and ground walnut shells. Shells for polishing brass, cheapest way to go. Then going to stop at Sportsmans. With my employee discount I will get a new dog bed, $13. Her ild one is lumpy.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
294 Posts
The past few days when I turn on the A/C it smells dusty. So popped the cabin air filter out. It was nasty. So replaced it using the furnace filter method. Easy. While digging in the glove box I got the ket to the locking lug nuts. Tomorrow I will take it to Discount Tire for rotation and balance.

This afternoon we have to go to Petco for dog food and ground walnut shells. Shells for polishing brass, cheapest way to go. Then going to stop at Sportsmans. With my employee discount I will get a new dog bed, $13. Her ild one is lumpy.
Walnut shells for brass polish???
Have to check this out...

And reminded me I also need a new bed for my dog, he needs something cooler (temp wise not style wise :cool: )

48461 - 48480 of 48493 Posts