Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
48681 - 48700 of 48746 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The ones I just installed are Delphi
Got some recommendations on them and thought to give it a try... Picked them up in Amazon
Parts: TC1826 / TC1825 / TC1839 (x2)
Seems very well made and durable, time will tell I guess

Before I had Moog
But the rubber on them started cracking...
But they have been on for about 5 years, saw lots of off roading, lots of beach sand and sea water and lots of heat and sun...
So I must say the Moog's did their job great
Hi, how are the Delphi sway bar links working out for ya? I was just looking at that brand and was wondering about the quality. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
430 Posts
Hi, how are the Delphi sway bar links working out for ya? I was just looking at that brand and was wondering about the quality. Thanks!
To be honest I'm very disappointed of them
Got them replaced few weeks back already
The rear passenger side just snapped out of its socket, not while hard off roading or anything of that type...

They seemed good at first but guess they weren't

Went back to Moog
The last ones held for over 5 years, been through a lot
They are beefier and they have zerks
I will recommend them 100% and will never go to any other brand to be honest
Leason learned 🤷‍♂️ go Moog (AMGK80469)

Moog:
Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Engineering

Delphi:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
トヨタ Master
14,350 Posts
The rear passenger side just snapped out of its socket, not while hard off roading or anything of that type...

Went back to Moog

Moog:
View attachment 1173525

Delphi:
View attachment 1173526
Can you not get OE Toyota units down there?

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
430 Posts
Can you not get OE Toyota units down there?
Yes I can, basically get everything OEM from the dealership here... Sometimes just need to wait a bit...
But at the time when I replaced them for the first time I went with Moog cause I do like their products and had good experience with them.
Used end link, tie rods, CV joints etc... Never had any issue.
The problem was when I decided to try Delphi, cause someone here recommended it and I said why not try.... Now I know why not...
They seemed OK at first, but didn't hold so... Never again.

The Moog, as far as I saw and based on my experience, are good products... I like the fact that most of them have zerks, most are beefier... So just went back to the Moog.

In other parts I do prefer OEM and mainly go with the OEM...

·
Registered
5,814 Posts

Went back to Moog

Moog:
View attachment 1173525

Delphi:
View attachment 1173526
As I start to replace worn out parts I have been using Moog for everything...seems to be holding up very well :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The coil packs from Steve Davis did not fit (for 2007-2009). Their WEB site is wrong and the coils were about 1" too short.
Yours is a 2010 right? Dual vvti? The ripp coil packs actually run long. About 3/4” longer than stock single VVTI coil packs so it makes sense if the performance distributor coil packs didn't fit and they're advertised incorrectly. I think they only fit the single VVTI 07-09.

·
トヨタ Master
14,350 Posts
Yes I can, basically get everything OEM from the dealership here... Sometimes just need to wait a bit...
But at the time when I replaced them for the first time I went with Moog cause I do like their products and had good experience with them.
Used end link, tie rods, CV joints etc... Never had any issue.
The problem was when I decided to try Delphi, cause someone here recommended it and I said why not try.... Now I know why not...
They seemed OK at first, but didn't hold so... Never again.

The Moog, as far as I saw and based on my experience, are good products... I like the fact that most of them have zerks, most are beefier... So just went back to the Moog.

In other parts I do prefer OEM and mainly go with the OEM...
It's odd to me that you break them so often. Are you off road most of the time?

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
430 Posts
It's odd to me that you break them so often. Are you off road most of the time?
First ones I broke were the Delphi ones

I mainly off road with the FJ, at least I did till last year, barely used it on roads if it's not to reach a route... Now use it for both on and off road

The first time I changed the OEM was due to a strong hit I got to my panhard bar and folded it, while changing all the rear arms/bars to Rockman/Toytech I decided to change the links as well
And the Moog held great, there were started to dry on the rubber only (due to environment here and that the FJ was stored almost a year with no movement or much care I guess... My bad)
So decided to replace, went Delphi... Broke for some reason, back to Moog

·
トヨタ Master
14,350 Posts
First ones I broke were the Delphi ones

I mainly off road with the FJ, at least I did till last year, barely used it on roads if it's not to reach a route... Now use it for both on and off road

The first time I changed the OEM was due to a strong hit I got to my panhard bar and folded it, while changing all the rear arms/bars to Rockman/Toytech I decided to change the links as well
And the Moog held great, there were started to dry on the rubber only (due to environment here and that the FJ was stored almost a year with no movement or much care I guess... My bad)
So decided to replace, went Delphi... Broke for some reason, back to Moog
Do you have the sway bar drop down bracket?

·
トヨタ Master
14,350 Posts
Yep... Had them installed when I changed to the stage 2 ICON suspension kit
Still can't figure out why you've killed OE ones. They're better than any aftermarket ones. I use Moog a lot on vehicles here too but if I can get OE Toyota, I buy those. I didn't even know Delphi was making them. Perhaps they should stick to what they know: Fuel pumps, rotating electrical, and fuel system components.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
430 Posts
Didn't kill the OE ones 😁
Just decided to change while replaced all the rear arms and bars... They were fine but wanted "stronger"

The only thing that was killed was the panhard bar, fell on a rock and got it all bent, so thought "let's reinforce all I can"

The Delphi didn't even last 2 months, that is super weird... I didn't hit at any point, didn't go hard at any route... Maybe there were just bad to begin with... They also got rusted super fast
But rust in general is harder and faster since I move to Mérida... I do more beach, sand, salt and mud here... And sadly only one place wash good (learned it the hard way)

But as u said, maybe they should just stick to what they do good

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
430 Posts
Broke my winch controller to pieces 😢
While clearing out a tree that fell and blocked the way...
2 jeeps of friends and me in the FJ, pulled it back
And while repositioning my FJ I didn't notice the control fell and I drove over it... Nothing to salvage, pieces and pieces
Had to cut the wires and "hot wire" my winch to get it back in... And used it again later on to winch out a friend that got stuck.

Now to buy a new one...
Electrical wiring Networking cables Cable Electrical supply Wire

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Broke my winch controller to pieces 😢
While clearing out a tree that fell and blocked the way...
2 jeeps of friends and me in the FJ, pulled it back
And while repositioning my FJ I didn't notice the control fell and I drove over it... Nothing to salvage, pieces and pieces
Had to cut the wires and "hot wire" my winch to get it back in... And used it again later on to winch out a friend that got stuck.

Now to buy a new one... View attachment 1174049
The winch I bought has the plug in controller and a remote controller . Might be helpful to get one with both :)...mines a 12,000 lbs Vipermax if you need to know :)

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
430 Posts
The winch I bought has the plug in controller and a remote controller . Might be helpful to get one with both :)...mines a 12,000 lbs Vipermax if you need to know :)
Thats a good idea actually
And based on the situation to decide what use 👍

Need to see if it's available for my Smittybilt, got the 9,500 XRC waterproof... Not sure has remote option but worth to look.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I fabricated a frige sliding tray. I used some aluminum angle and flat stock and alumi rods from Harbor Freight to weld them up. 18" full extension drawer slides. I already had a plywood platform in the back for when I used to carry carpentry tools, and epoxied in 1/4-20 tee nut inserts to hold it down.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Trunk Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Trunk Automotive design
Rectangle Road surface Gas Tints and shades Asphalt
Road surface Asphalt Wood Automotive tire Flooring

48681 - 48700 of 48746 Posts