Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
48821 - 48840 of 48906 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
What are the seats out of? I want to do this! I suffer from not enough family room in the fj
It was from another FJ. I found it on eBay. The company that make them is out of business for a while now.
If you are handy, take some measurements and you can find a lot of other options on line.
Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Switched out the summer tires. I've been running Patagonia Milestars. I like the price and their knobby, aggressive look; and while they're good off-road and on dry pavement, they're waayyy too slippery in the wet for my comfort.

So, for the sake of my FJ's unblemished fenders, I'll be running these wimpy looking all terrains until March 😖

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
Not today, but last week I regeared the FJ to 4.56s with an Eaton/Harrop e-locker in the front diff. I still have to wire everything up. Hard to find a spot for the relay under hood as there are too many components taking up valuable space. The wife and pups and I went out Saturday to break in the gears. Loving the fuel mileage and power restored. (y)

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Vehicle brake Alloy wheel
Moka pot Tire Wheel Tread Automotive lighting

Sky Tire Cloud Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not today, but last week I regeared the FJ to 4.56s with an Eaton/Harrop e-locker in the front diff. I still have to wire everything up. Hard to find a spot for the relay under hood as there are too many components taking up valuable space. The wife and pups and I went out Saturday to break in the gears. Loving the fuel mileage and power restored. (y)

View attachment 1180505 View attachment 1180506 View attachment 1180507
View attachment 1180508

Would be interested in what kind of fuel mileage you are seeing before and after. I have regeared several vehicles and had contemplated this one as well but am a bit hesitant as it is my DD so need to be fuel conscience (no, I will NOT drive a Prius) as much as possible.

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
Would be interested in what kind of fuel mileage you are seeing before and after. I have regeared several vehicles and had contemplated this one as well but am a bit hesitant as it is my DD so need to be fuel conscience (no, I will NOT drive a Prius) as much as possible.
Well I'm not done figuring but I used to use up about 200 miles per tank and so far I've gone 156 miles and still have 5/8 of a tank left. This is mostly dirt miles and I'd say about half of it is running in 4 hi to break in the front diff so it is very significant.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Have you check your actual mileage distance with a GPS to see the difference? I went from I think 3.9 to 4.88, was impressed with my mileage improvement on the higher speed highways. 6th gear ended up in a sweet spot rpm wise. Maybe your gas mileage will be different if you account for that.

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
Have you check your actual mileage distance with a GPS to see the difference? I went from I think 3.9 to 4.88, was impressed with my mileage improvement on the higher speed highways. 6th gear ended up in a sweet spot rpm wise. Maybe your gas mileage will be different if you account for that.
I'll do that after the 500 mile mark when I can start driving it like normal. During the break in process, the gears will actually heat up and have more resistance than a broke in set, so I want an accurate comparison. I'll do that when I change the gear oil.

·
Registered
2013 FJ Army Green MT
548 Posts
Finally installed my Japanese glass side view mirrors, don't need no little blind spot mirror anymore. Now I've got to wire for heat.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
593 Posts
Finished replacing to LEDs all around
Brake, reverse and turn signals (great improvement)
Put the LED relay/flasher
Took out the Smittybilt winch, waiting for my Warn EVO 10s to arrive these days
And gave her a much needed wash

Monday going to replace engine and transmission mounts, LCA bushings and installing the Tacoma 130 amps alternator

Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive tire Hood
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

48821 - 48840 of 48906 Posts