Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
48841 - 48860 of 48906 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I resprayed my All Pro sliders...they were getting chipped up from daily driving! Looks good as new!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Stripped the socket in my front diff drain plug, good times. Found an easy out at Autozone made for broken heater hose couplings, biggest one they had. When the plug finally broke loose, I thought it was the easy out snapping. That was after a lot of pb blaster and heating with a torch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I always replace both at the same time since they both have the same mileage on them :)
I left for the FL keys last Wednesday and I changed it out Tuesday night after work. I was only changing the bad one at that point. I get home Wednesday night work Thursday then new tires on Friday. Just doing some goodyears that were on sale for 100 a piece and free mounting and balancing.

·
Registered
2014 GSJ15L-GKASKA 2LF
245 Posts
Stripped the socket in my front diff drain plug, good times. Found an easy out at Autozone made for broken heater hose couplings, biggest one they had. When the plug finally broke loose, I thought it was the easy out snapping. That was after a lot of pb blaster and heating with a torch.
I have no idea why Toyota chose such a delicate and dainty fastener for that plug when it’s in such a corrosion-prone area. I had to take a Milwaukee high torque impact wrench and a torch to that plug to get it out last time. Also had to go buy an impact rated 10mm hex socket after the first one snapped on the end of a long ratchet. Glad you got it out!

·
Premium Member
2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE, and a 2019 4Runner TRD Premium
484 Posts
Washed it.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Yeah when mine got striped I had to weld a sacrificial allen wrench in it and use a breaker bar on it to get it out. :)

Reactions: Jshollis

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 6 speed manual, completely stock
73 Posts
Working on mounting up 4 new studded winter tires which I got from Tire Rack. Got to do them two at a time since I don't have 4 jack stands. Found a leaking CV axle boot that is starting to throw grease that will need some TLC soon. Had to use the old 1999 Chevy 2500 flatbed to transport the rims and tires to the tire shop.

Why didn't I have the tire shop bolt them up? Because they have f%ck-up my rotors in the past by not properly hand torquing the lugs and using an air-ratchet instead resulting in warped rotors.

New tires= General Grabber Arctic 26570R17 116T with metal studs
Old tires = Kelly Edge AT 26570R17 115T (less than 3,000 miles on them, planning on mounting them on new rims in the spring)
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Botany Branch

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive carrying rack

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 6 speed manual, completely stock
73 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Light Wheel Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Got the last two studded tires mounted up. I still need to spin them to see how well they balanced and double check the pressure. Luckily These tires are about traction and not looks. I'd give the tires a 2 out of 10 for appearance and that's only because they have studs. Gotta love the mismatched lug nuts that the car lot had on it when I bought it, there are three different kinds on there!

Update: The General Arctic Grabbers XL spin nice and balanced well. The ride is more squishy compared to the Kelly Edge tires probably due to the more flexible sidewalls. The tire shop inflated them right up to the max pressure, I had to bleed off a good bit to get to 32psi. I'd rate them 5.5 out of 10 on dry pavement and highway speeds. Looking forward to trying them in the snow and ice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Call it an upgrade or not - installed a TRD Cold Air Intake, Roller Rocker 1GR 4.0L V-6 (PTR03-89100) @ 78089 mileage. Install/mod day with James & Neil. Thanks to these guys.

Stock/OEM air intake:

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

The instruction manual that came with the kit is pretty much straight forward, though James & Neil who helped in the install find no need for it at all. We did not even removed the negative battery terminal as per manual.

Bought the kit at PureFJCruiser.com.

TRD air intake installed, when I started and drove no "Christmas' lights came on as what many say when installing this kit.

I haven't driven it that much yet, so I'm not sure what I initially noticed related to throttle, response & acceleration is an improvement or not. The sound is a bit louder though. Overall, initially, I like it.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Changed trans fluid today . Took off lwr line on radiator pumped out two quarts, filled two qrts.. went through 10 qrts before it started coming out red .. went ahead and did two more for good luck..👍🏻
I have to say that at 51,000 miles it looked pretty black.. will probably do a drain and fill about every 25 to 30 now.. that should keep it good🤞

48841 - 48860 of 48906 Posts