Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
49841 - 49860 of 49964 Posts

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
Checked and tighten pretty much everything... Rear and front arms felt loose and indeed they were... So gave a pass on everything to be sure.

Took down the front bumper and got it aligned
(the gap is cause I have the bandi body mounts installed 😁)

Fixed the bump in the rear door

Installed the hood scoop led bar, must say I like it (thought on that a lot before I got it but I'm happy with it) it's not the best light there is for sure, didn't really need more light but it compliments all the rest and the look is cool.
Sadly the dual button isn't working, only 1 works and the 2 doesn't, so gonna need a new one...

Spliced my winch rope back together, factor 55 fast fid... Looks like it will do the job, guess I'll know for sure soon

Checked and replaced some relays that were faulty

And basically got her ready for a 2 day trip that we're gonna take this weekend.

Oh... And my friend installed his winch and small bumper in the OEM bumper.

Sorry for the pics...
Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car
Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Road surface Asphalt Grey Art Font
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Tread

· fka BLACK HAWK
3,851 Posts
Made it harder for the screen to fly off while driving down the road.. it's funny seeing people getting mad and freaking out over three little screw holes in the body.. don't mind the 3.5" hole for the snorkel

Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light

· fka BLACK HAWK
3,851 Posts
Is that a common thing to have the screen flying off? 🤔
I don't think so. the first owner in 2008 hit a deer. by the time I bought it (2nd owner) in 2010 I've had to replace several screens. The middle and passenger side are now secured with zip ties. nothing to zip tie the driver side to. I've tried 3m tape and silicone but the heat/UV of Los Alamos neither lasted long. that's the 3rd screen. I got tired of it blowing off and having to find it. Lots of hate on the Facebook which I find hilarious. lots of people bent out of shape over three little 7/64th holes. I mean it's not like I had to cut a 4in hole + 6 others to mount my snorkel. as far as looks, it's an off-road vehicle with over 200k, not a garage queen. some comical drama for a boring Friday night.

· Premium Member
6,847 Posts
We are going to get snow here in the next couple days. So I went out this morning and changed the oil in my FJ and my wifes subaru so I don`t have to do it this winter. The less crawling around in the snow the better for me :)

· Registered
1,838 Posts
Drive it to the storage unit and found a pile of backfill so of course I had to drive up it a little bit #mallcruiser

· Registered
265 Posts
Phew! Finally finished the drawer/sleeping platform system (technically there's one more piece, but that will be simple. This gets me 5'6" of horizontal length, so I'll add a section which will span the width of the vehicle and cover the space created when the seats are moved and leaned forward all the way. With the front seat hack, I'll have 6'4" of horizontal length in total). Super happy with how it came out!

The bottom of the three sections serves as the lid for the storage bin which replaced the single back seat section. The three sections are attached via two 18" piano hinges.

Car Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle

I was originally expecting to have to build a small support piece to hold up the folded down pieced and store the seat portion in the front seat, but as it turns out the rear seat is the perfect size and shape to serve that purpose. One less thing to build and cart around, and no wasting space storing the seat portion. Love it!

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Car Trunk

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood Car seat cover

Asphalt Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring Audio equipment

Finally we can start doing overnighters!

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
Phew! Finally finished the draw/sleeping platform system (technically there's one more piece, but that will be simple. This gets me 5'6" of horizontal length, so I'll add a section which will span the width of the vehicle and cover the space created when the seats are moved and leaned forward all the way). Super happy with how it came out!

The bottom of the three sections serves as the lid for the storage bin which replaced the single back seat section. The three sections are attached via two 18" piano hinges.

View attachment 1219773

View attachment 1219774

I was originally expecting to have to build a small support piece to hold up the folded down pieced and store the seat portion in the front seat, but as it turns out the rear seat is the perfect size and shape to serve that purpose. One less thing to build and cart around, and no wasting space storing the seat portion. Love it!

View attachment 1219775

View attachment 1219776

View attachment 1219777

Finally we can start doing overnighters!
Came out great
Quote me one, it's domestic shipping 😬

· Registered
17 Posts
Finished the Bi-Xenon headlight conversion from The Retrofit Source. In the pic's: Ambers are T/S, along with stock T/S. White are DRL, on all the time when running. The DRL color is off in the pictures. They are definitely white and not at all blue. First pic is headlights on. Still trying to dial in the headlight cut-off aiming.
There is a fine line between being able to see down the road and blinding the oncoming driver. But the brightness factor is outstanding.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive parking light Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Grille
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

· Registered
98 Posts
Thursday I started the POR-15 process on the undercarriage on my 2008 FJ. Friday I applied the second coat of back and silver POR-15 paint. Finished just in time yesterday because it snowed this morning. My FJ had a lot of 'surface' rust but no 'rot'. So it was a pretty simple process prepping for the paint. I used their company cleaner/degreaser, hosed it off after 30 minutes and then sprayed on their metal prep before brushing on the paint.

· Registered
17 Posts
Did you do it yourself? Easy / complicated job?
Yes, I did it myself. The most difficult part for me was heating up the housings in the oven to soften the butyl. I watched a few YouTubes to get a baseline on what I needed to do. Instructions from The Retrofit Source were lacking if you wanted a step by step process. You definitely had to rely on gained knowledge to connect the dots, if you know what I mean. Wiring was straight forward. Still trying to dial in the adjustment for the cut-off line. Very happy with the light output, much better than the stock halogens.

49841 - 49860 of 49964 Posts