Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
19381 - 19400 of 49665 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,376 Posts
Finished wiring butt warmers
Warmer chair symbols light up blue when everything is on and the dials light up red when the heater for that seat is actually on. Dials are nerves from 0 to 5 with half steps in between for 10 total temperature settings :)
Looks nice lqdchkn!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Im confused... so you have 2 Scangauges?
I'm only the testing the other one with BlendMount for a friend.
Did you notice that my unit on the LR Discovery overhead console is not active?

·
Registered
10,288 Posts

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Re: What did you do TO OR WITH your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

You're too old and uncool.... :rofl:
You're not old enough to drink :lol: Not that you can buy booze in Utah anyway! :lol:

I watched that show on MTV but I don't keep up on the hipster memes.

I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,376 Posts

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
Very nice and very clean..... Can you do a write up with the parts you used
I pretty much used this thread:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...cal/18115-heated-seats-full-install-pics.html

With this ebay kit
2 Seats Install 5 Gear Switch Seat Heater Heated Seat Car Cushion Auto Switch | eBay

Lessons Learned/Tips:

1. Just cut all the hog rings and completely remove the bottom seat fabric, it's way easier. Replace hog rings with zipties
2. No real easy way to do the seat back just slide it up as best you can then remove tape backing
3. Make sure you trim the switch template carefully and make your console cuts smaller than needed. It's easier to open them up than have a loose fitting switch. There is a bit of light leak around the switch bases so I may pop them out and put a little black silicone around them to seal it up.
4. If you want to use your heaters with the engine off wire the main power wire to a Constant Batt + and not the recommended Ignition +. Beware of potential battery drain if you do it this way. ;)

There are already a few heated seat write ups so I don't think it's necessary to do a full new one.

PM with questions if you want :bigthumb:

·
Registered
771 Posts
That decal is hilarious, im so sick of those stick figure decals everywhere, so unoriginal....Its just as bad as people using the old "got milk" campaign on EVERYTHING "Got this?" "Got That?" yeah it helped sell milk like 15 years ago, but now its just stupidly played out.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I pretty much used this thread:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...cal/18115-heated-seats-full-install-pics.html

With this ebay kit
2 Seats Install 5 Gear Switch Seat Heater Heated Seat Car Cushion Auto Switch | eBay

Lessons Learned/Tips:

1. Just cut all the hog rings and completely remove the bottom seat fabric, it's way easier. Replace hog rings with zipties
2. No real easy way to do the seat back just slide it up as best you can then remove tape backing
3. Make sure you trim the switch template carefully and make your console cuts smaller than needed. It's easier to open them up than have a loose fitting switch. There is a bit of light leak around the switch bases so I may pop them out and put a little black silicone around them to seal it up.
4. If you want to use your heaters with the engine off wire the main power wire to a Constant Batt + and not the recommended Ignition +. Beware of potential battery drain if you do it this way. ;)

There are already a few heated seat write ups so I don't think it's necessary to do a full new one.

PM with questions if you want :bigthumb:
Thanks.... This will be on my Christmas list

·
Registered
588 Posts
Re: What did you do TO OR WITH your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Ditto. Spidertrax only. Anything else not as safe. On the next best option you need special lugs so they thread on far enough. The Spidertrax thread on plenty far as-is. The Spidertrax are also hub centric and those 2" aren't I can pretty much guarantee you :cheers:

Borra spacers from Motorsport tech is another option. They are hub/wheel centric & they use T6 billet aluminum. Broader range of sizes than all others: 0.75,1,1.25,1.5 & 2" in double anodized black. There are some good reviews on Tacoma forum. I ordered a set of 0.75" since my 295/70/17 STT's are contacting forward part of UCA at full lock. I will post pics of install when they arrive. FYI I'm running OEM flares/wheels. The farthest outboard edge of sidewall is barely flush with OEM flare with current setup before addition of spacers. Will update.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That decal is hilarious, im so sick of those stick figure decals everywhere, so unoriginal....Its just as bad as people using the old "got milk" campaign on EVERYTHING "Got this?" "Got That?" yeah it helped sell milk like 15 years ago, but now its just stupidly played out.
I'm in total agreement with everything except one thing james...
That would be a "Got Ammo" sticker! <--<< Stupid that isn't! ;)

19381 - 19400 of 49665 Posts