Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

9M views 52K replies 3K participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

See less See more
#48,703 ·
Yours is a 2010 right? Dual vvti? The ripp coil packs actually run long. About 3/4” longer than stock single VVTI coil packs so it makes sense if the performance distributor coil packs didn't fit and they're advertised incorrectly. I think they only fit the single VVTI 07-09.
Correct on all counts. Steve Davis refunded my money and told me their WEB site was wrong.

#48,704 ·
Before I made a run up to Mt Hood I checked the filter element in the AIRAID intake. I've been checking the filter attachment because when I first installed the intake the filter came off its mount and was laying loose in the box. I've since roughened up the mounting surface with medium grit sandpaper, not an issue since.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Its also a reminder that I still haven't finished the dual battery and relay/fuse module installation. All the hardware is installed, I have all the wire and parts ready to go. I'm telling myself "this fall/winter. Note the charging controller piggy backed onto the remote oil filter.
Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

#48,711 ·
What would make the voltage gauge fluxiate up and down? Bad battery or Alternator. Truck was 100 % dead and I had to use a jump box to get it started. As im driving the needle on the voltage gauge is bouncing up and down. Looks like im working on it this weekend. So much for a damn day off.

#48,712 ·
What would make the voltage gauge fluxiate up and down? Bad battery or Alternator. Truck was 100 % dead and I had to use a jump box to get it started. As im driving the needle on the voltage gauge is bouncing up and down. Looks like im working on it this weekend. So much for a damn day off.
I'm thinking it's the alternator, maybe just a loose connection? How old is your battery?

#48,713 ·
Check your battery connections..

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#48,715 ·
I have a weird situation as well with the battery
When I pass over a hole or a bump, all of the dash is turning off,stereo shuts down, then all lights and signals in the dash turns on for a seconds... And then all normal after... All this during driving.

Checked connections and all seems ok

Can it be a loose wire or ground???

Tried shaking all the cables and relays and whatever else is there... Nothing happens.
Gonna make some tests again this weekend

#48,717 ·
I got the battery and alternator out in about 40 minutes. It would have been a little bit shorter but It took a bit to find that last little 10mm bolt holding a big wire harness to the side of the alternator. I called the auto parts store I bought it from 9 years ago and they are honoring the warranty and they have it in stock so i`ll go down the mountain and get the parts tomorrow after work. New alternator (free) new battery from toyota ($139) so not terrible. I`ll probly get it back together Saturday morning :)

#48,718 ·
I went down and got my new alternator and battery today. I tell you O`reilly`s had a great customer service. Didn`t even test it. They were impressed that I had my 9 year old receipt. I was out of there in 5 minutes. I went to toyota to get my new battery (84 month). They asked if I had my warranty. I forgot to bring my receipt So I had to pay full price ( $150 ) not bad but I got my new receipt put away now so if I new to use it early next I have it. So I got all my parts and i`ll throw them in tomorrow morning. :)

#48,719 ·
I went down and got my new alternator and battery today. I tell you O`reilly`s had a great customer service. Didn`t even test it. They were impressed that I had my 9 year old receipt. I was out of there in 5 minutes. I went to toyota to get my new battery (84 month). They asked if I had my warranty. I forgot to bring my receipt So I had to pay full price ( $150 ) not bad but I got my new receipt put away now so if I new to use it early next I have it. So I got all my parts and i`ll throw them in tomorrow morning. :)
9 years... Crazy
I can't even keep anything 9 days
Great u did and hope it's all solved now