Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3680 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
If you drop your tire pressure down to 15 all around you would likely have been fine.
Looks fully inflated in those pics.
I'm already deflated to 15 psi front & 10 psi rear. The pix is misleading. The sand is too soft and deep, and there is something wrong with my rig.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm already deflated to 15 psi front & 10 psi rear. The pix is misleading. The sand is too soft and deep, and there is something wrong with my rig.
Have you figured out what is wrong with your 4wd not engaging?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Have you figured out what is wrong with your 4wd not engaging?
At Pismo, we tried to reset the ECU but to no avail, and checked the fuses. The fuses are visually fine. So we suspect it's the actuator or worst something mechanical. I also hear a weird sound of like tires rubbing the fender or something when I accelerate from stopping.

It's now with my Toyota dealer. It's still covered by the warranty.

I'm also interested to know what usually causes this to happen.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I know most people call things like straps, shackles and farm jacks "recovery gear". I call it "just another day at the farm gettin stuff done" gear.

You gotta get the boxcar door open somehow and not a single one of the two thousand pound animals have any interest in being useful. Just big yard ornaments.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Jade's weekly run up Mt Hood. For the most part the Tamaracks have lost their needles. (last post they were yellow) They will look like dead trees until next spring and then it will start all over again.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Some Mt Hood/Frog Lake eye candy

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well...SWMBO got a new/used 2018 65" TV. The JK can't fit it and the F250 is at the farm and awaiting state inspection. So, HelTeef and I motored over to the guy selling the TV, and loaded it in just fine. I didn't know she got a sound bar and subwoofer too. Nice surprise!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Spent the weekend at lake arrowhead and checked willow creek OHV and Devil’s Hole OHV off the list! Great little trails with a little bit of everything! Oh, have a good amount of clearance if you guys wanna go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually live only a couple miles from these trails. I`ve been on them a lot. There are dozens of trails up here. We are expecting our first snow of the season tonite. So might get lucky and be able to take a trail ride with a little snow on the trail :)

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
It rained pretty heavily last night. So I drove it around and splashed in every puddle or bit of standing water that I could find. Not only did it wash the underside and fender wells, but I fulfilled my civic duty in helping with flood control.

·
トヨタ Master
5,778 Posts
It rained pretty heavily last night. So I drove it around and splashed in every puddle or bit of standing water that I could find. Not only did it wash the underside and fender wells, but I fulfilled my civic duty in helping with flood control.
Drivin' through puddles eh? :sneaky:

BlondBriefJunco-size_restricted.gif

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Went shooting this afternoon and then wheeled a little. it rained the last 3 days and lots of water in Table Mesa. it is nice though because no dust.
DSC_0357.JPG
DSC_0355.JPG
DSC_0360.JPG
DSC_0358.JPG
DSC_0366.JPG
DSC_0401.JPG

·
Desert Moderator
5,648 Posts
Someone tell me this isn't Toyota country.
This is nowhere near a dealer or garage.

1x Prado 150, 3x black FJs, and a Toyota Coaster bus all in a row.

There were 4 other FJs and probably the same number of Prados within about 100 metres.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cheated. In Puerto Rico to visit family. After an extremely long delayed trip we arrived at the car rental place in San Juan at 4AM. Had a small SUV rented. Rav4 or comparable. They didn't have much left and we have good insurance. After a short talk with my wife he asked if we wanted a Heep for no extra $. I IMMEDIATELY ASKED IF THEY HAD AN FJ AVAILABLE. He said no, but they love them down here. Super nice guy. We laughed and said ok as we still had to drive across the island. My 8yr old is super excited because it is blue. I feel dirty, but it will be a fun vehicle to take around the island. Please don't kick me off the forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I was driving back to the casa house after getting some work done on a property. And as I was driving, front windows down, back window up it hit me again. I've got an FJ. Not only that but it's a Trail Teams FJ! I know, I've said something similar before. But back when I was looking at getting a 2007, I wouldn't have been able to get one as nice as what I've got now. In my opinion, all of us that have one are very lucky. Well, lots of patience and hard work has gone into being able to have one. For me, I'm so happy to have my FJ. It's perfect to me, perfect for me. It has more than enough pep, a friggin locker, 4wd and to top it all off - 3 windshield wipers. It gets into and out of places my truck can't go.
As I was cruising down the road, it hit me that I've got my FJ. Mine. Mine, mine, mine! Don't take them for granted. Treat them well and play hard!

3661 - 3680 of 3680 Posts