Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3688 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
i used to have a thread called "What did you do WITH your FJ today" but it got taken away and absorbed into the other thread.....

...to add....i'm not stirring the pot or crying about it ....just kinda sucks...
It was a great thread, one of my favorites! Hopefully, with the language at the top of the first post in this new thread, people won't get confused over WITH versus TO.

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
This is for B, (Aikidoka) :lol::lol::lol:

Mall crawling for sushi and then snorkel install behind the school!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had this Oregon Camera that I used on the waverunner. I`m pretty sure something is wrong with it, Good thing youTube straightened out the stuttering, It was almost unbearable to watch...
so pardon the POS camera...
I`d like to get a GoPro one of these days...

I came up with a quick way to mount the camera on the bumper using a heavy duty magnet that I used on the job. 1 modified 1/4-20 bolt and done.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Finally got the pictures from my run Sunday. :lol:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
This is for B, (Aikidoka) :lol::lol::lol:

Mall crawling for sushi and then snorkel install behind the school!
:rofl: :rofl:

Mall crawling for sushi, then snorkel install behind the school!...lol... - YouTube

I had this Oregon Camera that I used on the waverunner. I`m pretty sure something is wrong with it, Good thing youTube straightened out the stuttering, It was almost unbearable to watch...
so pardon the POS camera...
I`d like to get a GoPro one of these days...

I came up with a quick way to mount the camera on the bumper using a heavy duty magnet that I used on the job. 1 modified 1/4-20 bolt and done.

I used one of these same cameras on my FJ too!! I had it attatched to my roof rack as I drove from my friends house to my house but his had such a poor video and audio quality that I never posted it. Yours looks cool though! (Even if it's quality stinks compared to a GoPro)

Finally got the pictures from my run Sunday. :lol:

Looks like an AWESOME trip! Love that TT!

Also, this is my 2000th post!!!!! :clap: :clap: :cheers: :rocker: :bigthumb: :lol:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Met up with Chris (BlackCherry07) to sell him my BajaRack jerry can holder. I have a set of RotoPax on the way :rocker:. Then we went inside my local watering hole and had a few drinks :cheers: We also met 5 incredible ladies that came in for lunch, I explained NASCAR to them, talked about how the Zombie Apocalypse is REAL and how its good to know guys with FJ's to help them make it out alive. They showed their appreciation by buying Chris and I a round of Tequila shots. All in all it was a pretty good day.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Met up with Chris (BlackCherry07) to sell him my BajaRack jerry can holder. I have a set of RotoPax on the way :rocker:. Then we went inside my local watering hole and had a few drinks :cheers: We also met 5 incredible ladies that came in for lunch, I explained NASCAR to them, talked about how the Zombie Apocalypse is REAL and how its good to know guys with FJ's to help them make it out alive. They showed their appreciation by buying Chris and I a round of Tequila shots. All in all it was a pretty good day.
You must of drank the Tequila, parked, and then took the photo.......

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Looks like an AWESOME trip! Love that TT!

Also, this is my 2000th post!!!!! :clap: :clap: :cheers: :rocker: :bigthumb: :lol:

It was pretty fun. Can't wait to get into some deeper snow though. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Excellent pics! I bet it was fun! we havent had any real snow to speak of here lately...
Bummer....hopefully you get some soon! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
hahahaha no way, I loath the cold anymore these days!:lol:
I used to get excited when it snowed, but more people don`t know how to drive in it than the ones that do!:mecry::lol:
Unfortunately....that's spot on. :lol:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well I was making some lunch and saw that my neighbors were having some issues getting out of their driveway. After I finished up what I was eating I walked over and offered some help. After pushing for awhile I decided to pull the FJ around and pull them out. If I would have just drove over at first it would have been a 2 minute job but as it was it took a bit longer.

·
Admin
6,590 Posts
Spent yet another $15 on washing the snow ice off the underside of the FJ and from inside the skid plates.
It has warmed up a lot so I actually was able to succeed in this endeavour... this time. Too bad the drive from the car wash got the outside dirty again :lol:
:cheers:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Took the dag for a trail run, 1 mile walkabout, then headed back to the commisary to pick up some frozen pizza and a couple of steaks for bbq.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Well drove her to brown county state park in Indiana with yellow lab in back and hiked in the snow for 3 miles around a lake in the woods !! So quiet you could hear the snow hitting the leaves on the ground !! Just what I needed before big system update this weekend, I am an IT guy and could be in all weekend with major system change this weekend IT pays we but the stress of it sucks :) so don't listen to the silly radio ads about IT ha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
433 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Spent yet another $15 on washing the snow ice off the underside of the FJ and from inside the skid plates.
It has warmed up a lot so I actually was able to succeed in this endeavour... this time. Too bad the drive from the car wash got the outside dirty again :lol:
:cheers:
:thinkerg: I have an idea for you. Hook up a hose to your water heater, run it out to your ride and attach a garden sprinkler to it. Leave it running underneath your truck for a bit and Presto! all the snow and stuff is gone.

I actually did this technique to get a bunch of mud out from under mine. work excellent as a pre-soak before I blasted the tough hard to reach spots underneath

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
:thinkerg: I have an idea for you. Hook up a hose to your water heater, run it out to your ride and attach a garden sprinkler to it. Leave it running underneath your truck for a bit and Presto! all the snow and stuff is gone.

I actually did this technique to get a bunch of mud out from under mine. work excellent as a pre-soak before I blasted the tough hard to reach spots underneath
That's a great idea!!! :cheers:

·
Admin
6,590 Posts

That's a great idea!!! :cheers:
Uh, no. When the temps are near, VERY near freezing, it might work for a bit to get the ice and snow off my front end components. I don't even want to think of the skating rink that I would create though :rofl:

When the temps are still near -40 it would turn my Iceberg FJ into an iceberg. :lol:

EDIT: I do appreciate the ingenuity though :bigthumb:

41 - 60 of 3688 Posts