Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 3668 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
some fishing on Chincoteague Island, VA this weekend--
Looks like the MD side, that our traditional spring break trip, the Va sides a good Nov. trip.
Whats up with the boat??? Seen Harbor seals on the beach but never a boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Went up by the Lake of the Ozarks to the swinging bridges. Was amazed that they are still there. Yes they do swing as you drive or even walk across them. There is also large chunks of wood missing out of the floor of the bridge with a view of the river below. :clap: :grin :rocker:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like the MD side, that our traditional spring break trip, the Va sides a good Nov. trip.
Whats up with the boat??? Seen Harbor seals on the beach but never a boat.
it's VA we were down on the hook--no action there tho' except a few skates. went about 30 miles out on sunday to the "parking lot" and limited out on some nice sea bass

the boat apparently washed ashore there sometime after thanksgiving. not sure where it originated from but says Anorak which i believe is rhode island. the really, really strange thing is that a few years back another sailboat washed ashore right in this spot not more than 20 yards from where this one is. that one is now buried under the sand with about 4 feet or so of it's mast poking out of the beach

fine looking FJ you have there!!

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Drove it to work ;) I usually take our Rav4 so its always a better trip. Stared at it for a bit from the conference room

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Took my Boxers for a wheel&walk today. Between 6"-12" of fresh snow and no frost in the ground what so ever and with 6/32 left on my BFG AT TA lets just say the tall skinny pedal got used a fair bit. Had a blast as did the dogs, if I wasn't alone I would have gotten better pics but since I was by myself these pics will have to do. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hung out with a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months and probably won't see again until March, and we happened to have 2 4x4s and a snowy field. The fj and jeep were very equally matched as far as snow traction and approach/departure angles. We found a really deep (2 foot) washout with nearly vertical sides. In our efforts to see which was better, we got a lot of practice using a winch and a snatch strap. Also, the burms were a lot of fun to go over.

EDIT: added pictures. The DO bumper gives a great approach angle! I would've gotten way more stuck with the stock plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Left her in the driveway and took my bike! Dont wanna smash the fj into anything

·
Registered
295 Posts
I lead a group on some snow and ice trails up in Big Bear yesterday. Here is a picture from our tail gunner :)

Very cool! Hopefully people post some vids from the meet. I was the lone Iceberg.:grin

1661 - 1680 of 3668 Posts