Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I gave up my 2002 Ford Ranger. 2x4...slammed. lowered 8 inches in the back with air bag suspension in the front. I could drag it on the ground.....now i got mud tires and im looking at lifts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey Radtech,
That is Lytle Creek off off the 215 just before the 15. It is at the base of the San Berdo's.I was hanging out with some of the SoCalfj guys.
we hade a fun time.

Tony

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
I gave up my beautiful white '09 Subaru Impreza STi hatchback. I loved that car, but the payments were rather high and I didn't have the heart to tear up the interior with everything I'm needing to haul around these days. 305hp and 295 ft/lbs of torque in a 3400lb AWD hatchback is a hell of a lot of fun...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
hey Radtech,
That is Lytle Creek off off the 215 just before the 15. It is at the base of the San Berdo's.I was hanging out with some of the SoCalfj guys.
we hade a fun time.

Tony
How about an invite next time you guys go back out there:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gave my mom my 2004 Corolla when she wrecked her Mitsubishi Galant earlier that week. I had been looking for an FJ for several months and finally found one in my price range and with the features I wanted. Everything was falling into place so I pulled the trigger! :) Haven't looked back since.

Now what I sacrifice is an extra shift once a month and the freedom of no car payment!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I gave up my '06 Mustang. I don't know what I was thinking. An insane race suspension is not good for Canadian roads. So after all these years I decided to do the right thing and get a truck. The FJ is the ultimate truck in my mind. Rugged and beautiful. I digged kicking everybodies' a$$ with the 'stang but I have the same stupid grin from cruising in my Cruiser. Soooooooooooo... no regrets.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Gave up a 2005 Acura RL (had bought it used). Very nice car, had all the gadgets; GPS, bluetooth, AWD, leather...

Now I admit I'm probably in the age bracket where this RL might seem appropriate, but while driving it I sort of felt like I should be 10 to 20 yrs older. It was a great car but it just didn't turn many heads when you drive by; not very exciting. Plus it had those touch-sense door handles that unlock when you put your hand on it... one stopped working and it cost me $600 to replace it- for one door handle!
Anyway, my FJ definitely turns a few heads and I like being up higher than many sedans...

F

·
0 Posts
Gave up a 2005 Acura RL (had bought it used). Very nice car, had all the gadgets; GPS, bluetooth, AWD, leather...

Now I admit I'm probably in the age bracket where this RL might seem appropriate, but while driving it I sort of felt like I should be 10 to 20 yrs older. It was a great car but it just didn't turn many heads when you drive by; not very exciting. Plus it had those touch-sense door handles that unlock when you put your hand on it... one stopped working and it cost me $600 to replace it- for one door handle!
Anyway, my FJ definitely turns a few heads and I like being up higher than many sedans...
Just wait until you have to replace a windshield.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #152

·
Registered
91 Posts
I traded my '07 Daytona Charger in Sublime, and an '89 F250 4X4 with a 460. Best trade I have ever made!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gave up my free new car demos and all the used cars I could drive! I work for a three franchise dealership so I have been "carless" for about 4 years.. I would just whatever on the lot and drive it home, then we traded for a fj. After driving it home, I fell in love. The dealership sold it the next day :( ended up purchasing one a week later! Haven't even given it a second thought! Love my fj!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
825 Posts
Had a Nissan Maxima with 3.0 V6, nice comfy car that I had to sell because it was kinda falling apart (due to me being not nice to it...sorry)

Then started a kite land boarding and needed to get to all sorts of weird places some with rough terrain. At this stage i've seen some FJs doing what they do offroad decided that it would suit me since i'm all about overkill, i mean Rav4 would've been more than enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: What ride did you give up for your FJ?

Just curious what vehicle you gave up to acquire your FJ? Me, nothing just an addition but I gave up my G35 6MT coupe for my E53 which is my favorite out of all my rides.:bigthumb:
This thread reminds me of the old joke... I got a set of golf clubs for my wife, best trade I ever made!

Seriously, I gave up a BMW I loved. I needed a tougher ride that could handle my sports oriented family. Golf, travel baseball, fishing, to name a few things that were not really BMW friendly. I was tired of worrying my head off about how all our activites were ruining the beemer. I'm very glad I made the switch. The FJ is tough enough to handle an active family, and opens up many new horizons for me and my son. Besides, its really cool according to the little guy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
For me it is more what i am "keeping". In finally making the decision to get an FJ I have decided that I will be keeping my 2005 Dodge Ram diesel. The choice was to upgrade it, or keep it for towing the fifth wheel and getting the FJ for my daily driver.

Taking a month or so to be sure that it is the decision I want to make, then after Christmas will begin to look for the right FJ (2007 or 2008 Voodoo with MT6).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gave up my 13’ Subaru BRZ with 29K. Was an awesome ride! Just wanted a more capable vehicle to go beyond the pavement 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
I traded my 2016 BMW 650IX for an FJ for my daughter. Writing it out makes it seem strange, but I'm a car guy. I have 4 vehicles that I drive daily depending on my mood and weather. The BMW got driven the least, cost the most and had the highest insurance I've ever paid for a vehicle.

My daughter is about to get her license and I wanted her in something that can take a hit, and hopefully get her through college. I came across the FJ at a great price in great shape so I pulled the trigger.

I don't really miss the BMW, but it was damn fast and a ton of fun to drive. Doubt I'll ever buy another $100k car though. I get more of a rush slamming through the gears in my Mustang GT and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 200 Posts