Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
i did trade in my 2010 ford flex as a down payment when i got my 2012. so i wouldn't exactly say that it was something i had to "give up" for my fj! was more of a "trading up!"

·
Registered
64 Posts
BMW e92 6 speed manual. The FJ is my first non german car and my first 4x4, my wife usually drove the "trucks".

·
Registered
117 Posts
What ride did you give up for your FJ?

Just curious what vehicle you gave up to acquire your FJ? Me, nothing just an addition but I gave up my G35 6MT coupe for my E53 which is my favorite out of all my rides.:bigthumb:
Porsche Macan turbo. Probably the finest road car I have ever driven, but not something that will go where I want to go.

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
We 'gave up' the opportunity to have a different truck. We like Tacos and older Land Cruisers, and can't get one unless we give up the FJ. Totally a first-world problem. Not happening anytime soon, but my wife, who is the primary FJ owner, occasionally talks about making a change in the future.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was a partner in a new startup company, but had been working as a consultant and doing a 50 mile drive to and from work. After we had the startup running, the other owners all ganged up on me for still driving my 1984 Honda Accord with 420k miles on it. They agreed to give me a car allowance of $700/mn if I would buy a new car, as my "old beater" was a ride they considered unprofessional.

I looked at a lot of rides in Jan 2007, but drove home in HelTeef - and she is still going strong with 337k miles on her...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 2000 ZR2 Blazer which I was the sole owner for a 2012 TTSE. The Blazer was great for the first 8 years the last 4 was money drain. I now consider myself a former Chevy man.

·
Registered
124 Posts
2008 jeep wrangler sahara that i hated a month after i bought it. put up with it for 3 years then gladly traded it in for my 2012 FJ.
since 1985 the FJ is the first new car i have kept over 3 years.

161 - 180 of 200 Posts