Gave up this:

For my FJ and and a diamond for the GF:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Three other FJ's. :( And a 4Runner. Three trailers. A lot of good times.

M

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I gave up mods to my '94 K5 Blazer......but I kept her. She is a good rig and I dont want to see all the hard work I put into her getting wrecked by some high school kid.

And besides...the dealer was only gonna give me $2000 or less for her.

But I kept her and now have 2 good rigs

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Sold my 2005 F250...this is the only pic I have of it...It was a great truck (lifted, 37" tires, air lockers fore and aft)...just would not fit the skinny trails very well:wave:.

The thing I miss the most about it is the space to haul stuff:mecry:but I still like the FJ!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My first born...and second born.... kept the third.

The little Ba$t4rd$ fetch quite a bit on the black market...first born got me $20,000 and the second got me $15,000..... that paid for the FJ and all mods I will do.

Figure I'll keep the third for a bit, unless I get a really good offer, third born is cute and cause me no problems yet.

:deal:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I didn't "give it up to get the FJ" but I got rid of my 1995 Dodge Neon w/ almost 175k miles on it. Sold it for $5k.

I'm trying to give up cigs to compensate for gas right now, and it's not going so well. :(

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You sold a 1995 Neon with 175K for $5K; was is loaded with coke! I've had three Neons in my family and couldn't get 50K out of the three of them. You are a salesman extraordinary. Ron

I didn't "give it up to get the FJ" but I got rid of my 1995 Dodge Neon w/ almost 175k miles on it. Sold it for $5k.

I'm trying to give up cigs to compensate for gas right now, and it's not going so well. :(

·
Registered
876 Posts
What did you give up to get an FJ?
Well here lately I think I gave up my sanity, but prior to the FJ I had this.

I wouldn't say I actually gave it up, after cart wheeling down the guard rail 3 times on a turnpike avoiding a spun out car in front of me, I pretty much told the insurance guy he could have it.

It was an 07 TRD Sport Tacoma 4x4.

·
Registered
521 Posts
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - with tons of mods!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
In April '06 I gave up an '86 Cutlass Supreme with 70k on it. It had 24k on it when I bought it and was my first car. Canary yellow, brown top, black tint, 2 12" subs and baby shoes hanging from the rear view.... Quite an image for a white suburbanite 16 year old whose friends all drove mid 90's compacts. Though I miss the strange looks and driving through certain neighborhoods where people would offer me cash for it, I'd think they were joking, then take the cash out of their pockets; I won't miss the windows that never sealed quite right, hoping it would start on cold winter mornings, and the computer controlled carburetor that had a mind of it's own.

21 - 40 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.