Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh yeah, I wouldn't say I gave up anything. I used my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 truck to help with my down payment. Aside from the windshield cracks, I have not had to take my rig in for major OEM repairs. I have sizable monthly car payment, but considering in 2006 the loan for the truck, the college loans I was paying down, and then replacing broken 10-year-old parts on the Dodge, I'd say I'm not spending that much more on average. I just traded those debts for one kickass, superfun FJ to call my own (in another 3 1/2 years).

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
i gave up nothing i would even give to a friend. i thought i would try one of those K rap I n A merica.. big mistake there. if you want a headache go buy one..:boohoo:

·
Registered
887 Posts
06 subaru tribeca 7pass LTD :rocker:

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I gave up my '99 Jeep Wrangler. We have had a couple days in the 80's here in Louisville recently and I do miss being able to drop the top, but then I get in my FJ and all regret is gone. Plus, I get better MPG in the FJ.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am just curious why did you trade the STI for the FJ, NOT implying that the STI is a better or worse of a car ... but just curious?

2007 316whp STI. I still almost cry when I think about it since it happened less than a month ago.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cost was a huge reason I loved that car. My car payment went down a ton. 33k for that thing, and like 20k for my FJ. Insurance was cut in half. And in my head... I told myself, If I got a car I would not modify then I would save on that front as well, but I don't see myself sticking to that plan all that long... especially after finding this place.

Plus... for me, I have trouble owning a car like that and not keeping it 100% perfect. It was really stressing me out as a daily driver. I was so hell bent on keeping it dent/scratch free and clean that I started to not enjoy it. Ill get back into a car like that when I can afford to have something nice and beefy like the FJ as well.

And I wanted something that I could tow with :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
'85 Mercedes 300SD Turbo Diesel with 309,000 miles on it. Much happier with the FJ. :rocker:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I gave up a 2005 Tundra Double Cab Limited......Miss some of the options but LOVE my FJ!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got rid of my 96 Jeep Cherokee. My Jeep did great, but I'm loving my FJ.

81 - 100 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.