Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
My wife just got a nice used car, so I have to wait till the end of the year for my FJ.

I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon which I will trade/sell at the end of the year. My Jeep only has 22,000 miles on it, so I should be able to get rid of it without a problem (LOL, it's never been off road either).

Jack

Funny you mentioned the Jeep, I came really close to getting a rubicon. Can I ask what is leaning you towards the FJ instead of keeping your rubicon?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A 2007 Hummer H3, which is most definitely not missed!

I bought the H3 new, put 6,800 miles on it in four months, and had it in to the dealer SIX times for repairs! It was ready for a seventh trip, and I'd had enough so I traded it in on the FJ. Problems with the H3 ranged from fuel injection issues, to transmission bolts that were never installed at the factory, to major wind noise from the light bar over the windshield, etc., etc., etc. I still think the H3 will out wheel anything in its price range except for a Jeep Wrangler, but it takes you where your tow truck can't follow, and that's a major concern!

I have 7,500 miles now on the FJ and not even a whisper of a problem! I never thought I'd go from a domestic to an import, but this has been a major upgrade!

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
'01 Audi A4 Quattro.
Very nice car, major mechanics are solid. Window regulators, speakers, seat heater, cruise control,.... all were very problematic.

·
Registered
320 Posts
a 2004 rav4.. i liked the rav pretty well, few complaints.. it was super super noisy.. and it sucked down gas ridiculously! one thing i miss.. the stereo controls on the steering wheel..lol now that i think about it.. that is the ONLY thing i truly miss.
i didnt give up much to get the fj....... but id give up just about anything i own, to make sure i keep it :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
99 3/4 4wd Chevy Suburban with a 454...dont miss one bit ...except for the space and comfort. I still think it was the most quiet vehicle on the highway I have ever owned. Gas...oh how it loved the stuff! Maybe 8 mpg around town and 14-15 on the highway. Plus it had a 44 gallon tank! :ugh:

I also gave up a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe with a 6MT and navigation. That one I miss. Yes it got better gas mileage, but thats not what I missed. I miss the Nav and the super soft leather. Plus the thing would flat haul *ss and still get 30 mpg. Great car but it sucked for anyone who sat in the back lol.

So I think I made a good compromise between the two. Plus I really enjoy driving the FJ and its pretty damn quiet at highway speeds as well. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
831 Posts
2007 2 dr rubicon, 21k and 20 problems funny thing is i tried to get it lemoned but chrysler fought me on everything. It wont be missed had the fj for 16k and only 2 tiny problems that required 10 mins at the dealer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
3/4 ton chevy suburban with a 454 and 8 mpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
I gave up my 1994 Saturn SL 1. It had 345,897 miles on it. I don't have any pics of it, but it is still in the family. My nephew has it now! What a great car. It's no FJ though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
03' Land Rover Discovery II SE-7... love my Rovers... but tired of the maintenance!!!... sold it today... hope to get my FJ next week!!!
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Loaded with gadgets. Pretty good off-road. 59k miles. Not a single problem.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
2000 chevy blazer i never really had to give it up I just wanted something different

·
Registered
10 Posts
I traded in my 2004 Mazda RX-8 for my FJ.

BTW...the FJ gets better gas milage that the RX-8.

:D :D :D

-- Bill --

·
Registered
630 Posts
2006 Maxima

·
Registered
54 Posts
1995 F-150 "Lightning". I love the FJ but I have soft spot for the 1st generation Lightnings. Maybe someday soon I'll have both....:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
2004 Passat that I was more than ready to trade in. Mechanically it was great but if I had to go in one more time to get the stereo/window/ac fixed... I was done.
I dig that after a year all I've had to do is scheduled maintenance on the FJ. Very unlike the VW's I've had. Especially after having a 2002 Passat with the flakey coils. VW didn't exactly endear themselves to any of us that went through that pain.
Gas mileage isn't that much different either... go figure.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i am serious and stop calling me shirley. :lol:

in all actuality, my previous car gave up on me after 320,000 miles. it was an '82 Supra. considering it had a lot of problems when i bought it (it had a salvaged title), i'm happy that it lasted me another 200k miles.

i'm hoping the fj lasts that long, if not longer. although if i continue my current driving habits, i'll reach that milestone in about 11 more years.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts