Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know myself, that I have made many compromises in my daily routine to buy things for the fj or to be able to go out and play. So what have you had to sacrifice? (We will not judge you since we understand why you do it)

Heres mine: My big mistake is Im gonna miss out on going to prom :mecry: (it will be my only high school one) to get a demello bumper. As many of you know prom is f****** expensive but life is full of choices and I am a sucker for a good bumper

·
Registered
276 Posts
buying an engagement ring.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True prom is only once...why throw the money away when you could enjoy it for years?
cause the girl i was gonna ask didnt know who i was, and i might of procrastinated a little being its saturday and no date, since its not the type of dance you go solo to i figured i just buy the bumper and go shooting instead :rocker:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
WOW your girl is either really understanding or your now single...On the plus side if your single... More money for the FJ!:lol:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ditto on the engagement ring.

I was saving up money for it, had about $1800...then we got in this huggge fight, about broke up and in my sorrow I ordered a Rocktek front bumper lol
We're now married :p

I didn't go to my prom either - I was a bus boy at a fine dining restaurant and made over $130 in tips that night (still clearly remember) off of other prom goers taking their dates out. I never regretted it, though I wasn't much for school spirit anyway.

John

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know myself, that I have made many compromises in my daily routine to buy things for the fj or to be able to go out and play. So what have you had to sacrifice? (We will not judge you since we understand why you do it)

Heres mine: My big mistake is Im gonna miss out on going to prom :mecry: (it will be my only high school one) to get a demello bumper. As many of you know prom is f****** expensive but life is full of choices and I am a sucker for a good bumper
You should have went to the prom. Trucks are nice, but you will probably own many throughout your life. Proms are once or twice in your life. Please take your bumper back and go to the prom if it's not too late. (Mom, Dad-can you guys reason with him?)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I paid off my other vehicle. Took that money, and the monthly i saved on my mortgage refi and came out $40 a month ahead for my monthly FJ payment.

Refi money saved + Old car payment = Monthly payment on FJ + $40...

So basically i gave up nothing. Just rearranged funds.....:bigthumb:

KyFJGuy

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Go to prom man it'll be the only time you can go too one, there will be plenty of times to get a bumper in the future.

I went too 3 proms my senior year in high school :bigthumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I say skip it and go to the after parties in your FJ

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I say skip it and go to the after parties in your FJ
X2. I don't even remember my prom much...what a waste of money. I DO remember the after, bit I wasn't cool enough to have a Cruiser, so lucky you

·
Registered
458 Posts
i gave up new couch .....

i build myself couch with help of my dad ..... and spend money what i save for rims .....

its was a lot of fun .... i never thinking i can do that ... but i just prove myself is someone can do something so you can do that as well....have pictures to prove it ...

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I was at a nice resturant with my Girl one night and there were four kids in the bathroom counting money to pay for their bill for prom dinner and talking about what they were able to do next. I grabbed their waitress and paid their bill anonymously. It made me feel good to help out the youngsters as I couldn't go to prom. Hopefully they all got lucky:) I think you should do prom its something you can only do once unless you date high school girls while in college:(

Only thing I gave up for my FJ was the blending in with the crowd ability because now every time I get gas people ask questions.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Gave up nothing.

I skipped my prom as well for the same reason, no regrets.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts