1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sounds like it is a base as you could get in 07, it makes a great mod. vehicle if you plan on doing your own upgrades. In Florida 22.6K would be a lot to ask for, I have no idea about New York pricing but Down here you could have purchased that FJ new for around 24K, I didn't pay much more than 26 for my loaded 07.

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
It says traction control and automatic disconnect differential
Not sure if that's a spin on options. The verbiage is a little misleading.
It seems a little high for not having options like dif an a-trac.
You may want to question their ad.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It says traction control and automatic disconnect differential
Not sure if that's a spin on options. The verbiage is a little misleading.
It seems a little high for not having options like dif an a-trac.
You may want to question their ad.
I thought the same thing, when you read through the options list A-trac and Dif lock are not there. The dealer is using the standard traction control and automatic locking hubs to make it sound like it is more than it is at first glance.

·
Premium Member
12,956 Posts
In 07 you could buy a brand new FJ with no options for $19k. Only additions I see are tinted windows, roof rack, factory hitch and alloys.

What they are asking is way to much, I wouldn't pay more than $16k.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
When they say traction control in both the mechanical and equipment sections do they mean A-Trac ? Seems overpriced for an 07 with that mileage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The description says it comes with the black steel wheels, the alloys are shown in the pic. Not sure if that makes a difference to you but check on it.

IMO i'd prefer something with a diff. lock, you can add a trac with a $50 switch, but you need the locker for the switch to work. A couple grand vs. $50 is a no brainer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just called the dealer they said they will thro in remte start and 4 brand new bfg all terains for 22500

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
I assumed the tires were good already. I still think it's too much money.

They are giving you about $1000.00 concession their cost
Not worth it unless you feel you just have to have this vehicle.
Tell them $18000.00 and you can buy your own tires and remote start

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Tell them it's a deal but go for 5 new tires. Can't have the spare as an odd ball. But $22.5 is still too much.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Seems pretty high to me as well. Back in October, I bought an '07 4x4 with 12K miles, ARB front bumper w/winch, IPF 968's, roof rack, rock sliders, rear locker, a-trac, and many other options for $24K. I feel that I got a good deal, but I did get it from a Toyota stealership.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hear what u guys are all saying but im in long island new york. capital of over paying. i looked all over the island and not really any deals that blow this away. it does have sliders as well as trd front skid plate.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
i hear what u guys are all saying but im in long island new york. capital of over paying. i looked all over the island and not really any deals that blow this away. it does have sliders as well as trd front skid plate.
Oh. Perhaps it might be worth driving a little out of the way to save a couple of K. But then again, I don't know what kind of hassle and costs it is to register an out of state vehicle in NY.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Sounds like you're talking yourself into it. :lol: I'm in Ontario Canada. The super capital of overpaying so I hear ya. Go for it. But get the spare tire thrown in for the 22.5. :wave:

·
Registered
185 Posts
It seems high to me, and the rock sliders/skid plate are around $1000 as factory options. Don't cut these guys slack because of where you're at! I bought mine in Colorado and FJ's are in HIGH demand out here!

Granted I bought from a private seller, but I paid $22.5k for a better equipped 2008 back in November, and the owner had just put a brand new set of KO's on it the week before I purchased it. Mine is a 2008 Titatanium metallic, 38k miles, 7k-100,000 Platinum Protection Plan (didn't see if the one your looking at is "certified" preowned), with factory rock sliders, skid plate, FJammer (does yours have the sub in the cargo bay?), stereo controls on the steering wheel, cruise control, tinted windows, thermometer/inclinometer/compass cluster, factory tow receiver and wiring harness, clear auto bra, FJ rubber mats, and pretty much every other factory option you could get on a 2008 except the TRD exhaust.

If you really like it, go for it, but I think you can haggle them down. I would have them throw in a maintenance deal over the remote start, but that's just me. My buddy bought a certified pre-owned Manual Transmission silver
2008 with 35k miles in November from the dealership with the offroad package (Bilstein shocks, sliders, brush guard, etc) in IMMACULATE condition, and the dealer threw in a 40,000 mile maint contract for around $25k. Silver is DEFINITELY the way to go, and the KO's are a great tire (though the dealer can get a full set for around $900 for the set), but I agree with the conensus, I think they're trying to charge you about $2k-$4k too much.

In addition, if you haven't done so already, make sure you check for fender bulges and cracks. You can do a search on the forum and find out all kinds of fun stuff about those.

Just my $.02, and I'm partial, but the silver with skid plates and rock sliders is an AWESOME rig!! I've only had mine a couple months, but 5k miles later, numerous trips up to the mountains, a couple offroading experiences, and a lot of snow driving, and I'll tell you, I love this truck!! I can't drive it without a smile on my face! Plus, I feel like I got A LOT of automobile for what I paid!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I agree with all others that it's overpriced. I bought mine in New Jersey in August of '09.

Details: '07 4x4 auto with ALL options, rock rails, skids, roof rack, tow hitch, brush guard, tail light guards, and a new windshield. 21,000 miles.

I payed $21.5k out the door.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
To put in perspective for you, I bought my '07 used at the beginning of the year. All the dealership's around me were asking for about $27 out the door, so kept increasing my search radius. I eventually whent with a dealership in Louisville, Kentucky, for $22,800. Add on about $200 to get there and back, I got what I want for $4k less. Just my $.02. Oh and as I've already told you, no locker, I wont buy it. But thats just me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts