Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Just looked over the Carfax again, apparently it was SOLD on July 31st, 2015 by the very same dealership and now it is back for sale again after ONE month?
Read post #11 .

·
Registered
831 Posts
I was talking about the one in the original post, however, don't let me stop you from buying a wig and driving around looking like Marge Simpson! LOL!

:laugh
:rofl:
Thanks for the feedback regarding my grille guard, etc.
@tsfarling - not sure if you meant my FJ or the one lowlvlnoob is considering... if mine, would you recommend I drive around with a Large Marge wig while i am looking at options or were you picturing something different? :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm going to jump ahead, without having read every post- but many of the first. Did you check underneath this puppy for RUST?? This can be a BIG problem depending on where this FJ has lived before! Better get a mechanic up under there and also get good photos, and get the mechanic to give it the heavy head to toe- so you won't be sorry! A Manual with low miles is a good thing, but do a good evaluation with a mechanic. Good luck!!

EDIT: The former owners evidently towed something- a boat/trailer- who knows how heavy, as evidenced by the after market towing feature. This would put more wear and tear on the FJ, so have your mechanic be particularly alert to this.

·
Desert Moderator
5,648 Posts
I'm going to jump ahead, without having read every post- but many of the first. Did you check underneath this puppy for RUST?? This can be a BIG problem depending on where this FJ has lived before! Better get a mechanic up under there and also get good photos, and get the mechanic to give it the heavy head to toe- so you won't be sorry! A Manual with low miles is a good thing, but do a good evaluation with a mechanic. Good luck!!

EDIT: The former owners evidently towed something- a boat/trailer- who knows how heavy, as evidenced by the after market towing feature. This would put more wear and tear on the FJ, so have your mechanic be particularly alert to this.
Manuals won't suffer while towing like an auto will. The clutch will wear on an FJ (whenever I labor mine I smell clutch), but that's it. Budget on replacing the clutch & all is good.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts