Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Hmmm I had forgotten about this bumper. Good question.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Hummm looks alot like what Stan from Toy Outfiters makes

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Sorry didn't meen anything bad by it

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Desert Armor;

TheToyOutfitters;

Stan's got my vote...and my money too. :facelick::crbaby:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
"Custom from a friends fabrication shop" usually means they only made one. seems like they made 2.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I followed the forums regarding it and it seems like right before the last few posts it was about to go into production, they were making the jigs or something, then the guy updating us about it "pumbaa" or something said he left the company and that the company would take over with updates, but they never did. i want one :boohoo:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Yup, that whole thing fell through. Two of them exist, I have one of them. I like it quite a bit.

The way it mounts to the frame is totally insufficient, mine has been modified to rely on more than just the little bracket on the front of the frame. If it was to be manufactured, this would be an easy fix to what is overall a great design.

What it looks like these days...

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Tibaal, is it just because you are running no plastic fenders, or do the sides of that bumper stick out really far?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Tibaal, is it just because you are running no plastic fenders, or do the sides of that bumper stick out really far?
It's exaggerated by that pic for whatever reason, but yes that top bar is a bit wider than the truck. It hasn't been a problem, though I have snagged it while backing up in a few weird tight spots. Makes a pretty interesting sound. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts