Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to switch over to RP oil and anybody changing at 10k? I know they have a oil filter that is good for 12K but only Pep Boys sells it and there are no PB in Oregon. What other extended life filters are out there?

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
I run 10k mile OCI's on my '07 and I prefer Amsoil EaO oil filters for this type application.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only had mine for 2 months its an 07 coming up on 25k miles I am also thinking about Amsoil, i can find RP for 7.99 a quart or order Amsoil online for 6.99 a quart. but the RP filter is not available Maybe I will just order the oil and filter direct from Amsoil.
thanks for the input.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I usually use a K&N with RP. If that's out of stock, then I'll go with Mobil 1.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the Toyota, K&N or Mobile 1 long life or do i have to change the filter every 5K miles, I want to be able to go 10K without changing anything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had a few Toyota 90915-2004 but the dealer no longer has them and when you find them they are about $15 bucks each. Have one Denso 150-1003, one Toyota 90915-YZZD3 and a NAPA Gold1348 (shorty) on my shelf. I'm using the first 2 for my Amsoil extended drain oil 0W-30 and might use the NAPA if I switch back to regular synthetic. Funny thing is everybody says they prefer the 90915-20004 cause it's made in Japan, but I found this link which may show that's not the case! Oil Filter 90915-20004-Oil Filter 90915-20004 Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
Are the Toyota, K&N or Mobile 1 long life or do i have to change the filter every 5K miles, I want to be able to go 10K without changing anything.
The OE oil filter has a 5K OCI recommendation. The Amsoil is 15K, I can't speak for the K&N or the M1.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to go with Amsoil EO15K and Amsoil XL 30-50 for 10K. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I am wanting to switch over to RP oil and anybody changing at 10k? I know they have a oil filter that is good for 12K but only Pep Boys sells it and there are no PB in Oregon. What other extended life filters are out there?
I am running Toyota synth oil 0w-30 /filter in the FJ.....however, in our 2006 PT Cruiser, I am running Royal Purple 5w-30 synth oil with a MOBIL-1 filter....have had no issues.....

:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts