Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
churns up yucky stuff. Any truth to this ?
You saw what the 106 octane did. Beware! I don't know about owning a gas station but a couple friends in business told me there are filters for their tanks and at the pumps. Confirmed by Google searches lol. I would be more worried about a dead pump by running an empty tank than sediment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I learned a lot from this thread. Thanks. Not really a jack because it's some what related. Old timers used to tell me not to fill up right after the station gets refilled from the big tankers, churns up yucky stuff. Any truth to this ?
I use Costco gas and one day the attendant was timing the FJ filling time with a stop watch. He said if the pump takes too long to fill it means the filter is getting dirty and needs to be replaced. So note to self: If it is taking a longer than normal time to pump gas at a station, it probably means the filter needs replacing and the station is not doing routine maintenance.

I've always been a little cautious of small independent hole-in-the-wall gas stations after I got some water in a tank back in the 70's.

By the way, there are a steady stream of tankers at the Costco by my house, so it would be hard to time it when there isn't a tanker, and at certain times of the day a long line of cars filling up.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts