Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Total Automotive LV

What gives, I placed several orders about six weeks ago and have not seen a single item delivered yet. Over the last week I have sent messages on the forum, called and left voicemails, and sent online contact forms from the website and no one has returned any of them. I am a little fed up at this point with the lack of correspondence and customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Hmmm.

I had good luck with them ordering rigid lights. Super fast shipping ... Was your order part of a group buy? It took weeks for me to get items under group buys before.

Hope you hear something.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One item was a GB, I knew there would be a wait on that. It's actually the only item that I have received any updates on. Three of the items should have been drop shipped right away. I was told my coilovers would ship two weeks after I ordered them because the springs would have to be swapped, that was six weeks ago. If it takes longer no big deal if someone would tell me what is going on.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I am sorry to hear that man. I had similar problems. I just stopped buying, and I only buy from shops that I know they can deliver the goods. If I were you I would just cancel the order, and get it from some place else.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mike has always responded to my emails and phone calls in a timely manner, even if it's just to let me know that he has received my email and will contact me later with more info

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They finally called me today after a week and a half of reaching out, I wasn't even contacted by the forum rep. So here's what happened: I asked about the spring rates for the coilovers before I ordered and was told I could get them in the standard rate of 600 or upgrade to 650 or 700 for a $70 fee for fox to change the coils. I opted for the 650 at the time of ordering and paid the fee. Apparently that was bad info, fox will change to 650# spring but they are custom order for like $250, plus the change fee of $70 AND they void the warranty from fox even though they are supplied and assembled by fox. Total automotive knew this five weeks ago and never bothered to tell me about it. As a result none of my order was processed: 2" icon rear springs, 2" rear fox with resi, 2.5" coilovers with 650# springs, ARB compressor, and sPod adapter for the compressor. This is a horrible example of customer service in multiple ways from bad info from the beginning, sitting on order confusion for 5 weeks, and general lack of communication. If I hadn't contacted them how long would my order have sat there in limbo, them with my money, and me with no parts? I am extremely disappointed with them as a vendor and will most likely never do business with them again. I have cancelled every item that I have ordered from them for a full refund and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Time to wait for a sale on the Radflos!

·
Vendor
1,378 Posts
This is a horrible example of customer service in multiple ways from bad info from the beginning, sitting on order confusion for 5 weeks, and general lack of communication. If I hadn't contacted them how long would my order have sat there in limbo, them with my money, and me with no parts? I am extremely disappointed with them as a vendor and will most likely never do business with them again. I have cancelled every item that I have ordered from them for a full refund and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Time to wait for a sale on the Radflos!
:frown Sorry to hear about your troubles! At least you know where it stands today.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
For key components I typically try to work with a vendor that specializes in the product, and hopefully a site sponsor. Purchased all my shocks and springs from Downsouth Motorsports. They had some solid feedback on Pirate, where you'll see alot of custom arrangements. I forget the guys name, but he was extremely helpful in discussing options against what I had planned. They, like so many other use a drop ship arrangement, so the vendor is under some constraints in terms of how quick the product ships.

But yeah, I totally get ya..bad experiences suck.
Good luck the second time around.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will just keep rocking the Toytec setup until a deal on Radflos comes along. Total automotive is a forum supporting vendor and they sell a lot of fox products, I expected more from them. I also asked how long before I ordered and was told that the rear shocks and coils would drop ship and would happen within a few days and that the lead time on the coilovers was two weeks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
While I finally received my Rigid lights, order was splint into 2 shipments, which I didn't know and only received tracking for 1 part: but not the other.
They claimed they were conscientious and competent and almost never have any problems, which this thread clearly exposes! As an ex cop, my BS meter is fairly highly tuned, so saw through some of claims and statements made by them. Don't know that I would say they were crooked operators: but being well organized and efficient, they are not! Won't be making any future purchases!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts