Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The Texas Panhandle smells like cattle and crude oil.

2. Puulboy is vertically challenged, but cool to hang out with.

3. Katfish doesn’t just drink margaritas, she also likes cheep beer.

4. I need a lift, badly!

5. Trailbus really is crazy.

6. After seeing the Warn FJ, Red is my favorite color.

7. Yellow snow doesn’t taste good and neither does brown snow.

8. If you go up Imogene when 100 other vehicles are coming down and you meet a mid 90’s Ford Explorer from Colorado you will most likely get called a F%$#ing Texan. (I didn’t hear it the wife did, and yes there would have been an “incident”).

9. Californian’s with FJ’s are nicer than the Californian’s without FJ’s that I pull over and give tickets to.

10. The Colorado DOT doesn’t know what a guardrail is. There was one on the Alpine Loop though.

11. Katfish + 3DTonka = A really cute kid.

12. Canadian beer is not as good as I thought it would be.

What did you learn??????

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts

4. I need a lift, badly!

8. If you go up Imogene when 100 other vehicles are coming down and you meet a mid 90’s Ford Explorer from Colorado you will most likely get called a F%$#ing Texan. (I didn’t hear it the wife did, and yes there would have been an “incident”).

9. Californian’s with FJ’s are nicer than the Californian’s without FJ’s that I pull over and give tickets to.

10. The Colorado DOT doesn’t know what a guardrail is. There was one on the Alpine Loop though.

What did you learn??????
Thanks to you I have been hearing Junior Brown's Highway Patrol song in my sleep! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
5. Lots of snow + daily rain = water crossings!:browsmiley:

4. When the chow serves at 6, be in line at 5:30.:hungry:

3. In Ouray, the crapy liquor store closes at 7. The good one closes at 10!:cheers:

2. Good people, good food, great trails, major fun:bigthumb:

1. When the realization hit that it was over and I had to go back to work...:domotwak:

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Like I taught all my kids to say when they were little: "the smell of money!" :king:

Better get used to it if you spend much time there (Colorado). It used to be worse before all the Californians came in and overpaid for houses and drove the real estate market sky high - now they hate them just as bad. If it makes you feel any better, I'm from CO but still get the same treatment when I go back to visit family.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
#8 and #10 bring back my memories of Ouray and CO in general... LOL... They blame everything on Texans.. If Al Gore and Hillary Clinton were from Texas, they'd never let you south of I-70.. They just call the rest of us southerners "hillbillys".. One thing however, I could always find a friendly couple or family when in CO.. They were always from Texas.... Possibly it's the drawl, but Texicans and East Tennessee-uns always seem to sit together! Cheers.. Ron

4. I need a lift, badly!

What did you learn??????

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Apparently I drive fast. I only got one complaint on my "official" run though! :)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Baked in telluride isnt just about bread

Dale makes a damn good pale ale

Frends for a minute or freinds forever are about equal at the time of meeting

Deer are not afraid of people in colorado

deer jump across the roads between trucks on the way to trailheads

Book rooms way in advance or pay dearly

Box canyon hot springs are awesome even if you dont stay there

when peeing off a cliff it is not weird to be complemented on your nice arc.

Dont drink all night the night before the photo.

·
Registered
296 Posts
1. Tour guides (from a tour company) think they own every trail and summit when they are around.
2. There are some jeep drivers that will actually wave at an FJ on the trail.
3. I can win in a raffle.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.