Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold the pickup and found my FJ - auto trans, 4X4, Sandstorm with OF, CQ and C7.

Dealer told me MSRP is $29,401. I researched it and invoice is $26,187. Is $500 over invoice the norm for a non TT unit? I saw someone got $200 under invoice but that sounded like a one time deal/mistake on the dealers part.
I'm just contacted the dealer (all online) and asked for a firm quote for what they would sell it for. The dealer is about an hour away for me so I want to avoid multiple trips back and forth. The last Toyota that I bought (Rav4 for the wife 6 years ago) I did online through a dealer in New Jersey and it worked out OK.

What did everyone else seem to get for pricing?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got my TT for Invoice+500, the same dealer was offering invoice - 500 on any other FJ in stock. You just need to shop around!

Figure out the invoice cost of what options you want, then call as many dealers as you feel comfortable calling and ask for the fleet or internet manager! DO NOT deal with the floor salespeople! They commonly are 100% commission paid and will try to take you to the cleaners and usually don't have the authority to actually deal to close to invoice on their own, if at all. The Fleet or Internet Sales manager can make deals on his own, and is more than happy usually to move a car fast at near invoice. Even more so at the end of month or if he works for a huge dealer.

I did everything for my purchase over the phone other than actually taking delivery of the vehicle. Once all was arranged I was in and out of the dealer in under 90 minutes, including my test drive/inspection of the vehicle I was purchasing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the price of gas now and forever. Don't be afraid to ask for it to be sold under invoice. $500 over invoice is a deal all day.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would send a bunch of E-mails out and see who send you the best deal. Its what I did, and your right stay away from the floor salespeople deal with the internet people.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I purchased the same exact FJ you are looking for with the exception of RB (running boards) added on mine. The sticker for mine was ~29,600, and I ended up getting it for 24,900 before TTL. The dealer claimed I was getting 1400 below invoice, but I figured it was really around 1000 below (still a great deal to me!).

I did the internet fleet sales prior to actually going to any stealerships and the lowest they would give me was 26,100 before TTL. I ended up passing by local dealerships (only because I was in the area for other things) talking to salesmen about the quotes I've received and they were only able to beat it by 100.

So, not being in a rush to pick up the FJ, I received a call from one of the regular salesmen's I met at the sales lot. I lowballed him good with an OTD price and he called me back with the deal I explained above. Now I have my FJ :rocker:

Although the internet sales people were able to tell me exactly what cars they had available, it seemed that they wouldn't budge on pricing. I was often told that the deal I had (prior to talking directly to floor salesmen) was already a great deal and they wouldn't be able to beat it. Turns out in my situation, a salesmen was able to crush the previous quote I received.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
43 Posts
They key thing is to bypass the floor/lot sales people. They ARE your enemy. The fleet manager wants to sell cars usually as fast as he can as long as making an OK profit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts