Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for me to take the plunge. time to talk with the salesman. Im preparing myself:mad: for the game, the one every consumer hates to play. The automobile pricing game.

I planning on taking a test drive in the FJ and getting a real feel for it before I commit myself. Before I pick up a pen and sign any contracts I wanted to know what I should expect to see. When looking at an auto 4x4. I dont care much for the options right,:confused: but I could be easily persuaded.

I am curious to see, what numbers have you been dealt?:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
MSRP-6MT, Voodoo Blue,roof rack, tow package, rock rails, security plus w/prox sesnsor(the secret button!), UR upgrade, TRD exhaust. Paid just under 35,500 with tax, license, etc. Did add secduled maint package for 1270.00. Did not do paint protection or extended warranty. How do you protect the paint?!!, and the warranty can be extended anytime before the 3/36000 mile warranty expires. Picked it up today!!! Lovin' it!!! Photos to be posted soon!!!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Pick up a loaded Black 4x4 At for 31,350, which is MSRP and got free front widow tinting (yippee). Don't pay over sticker and prolong the madness!

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Do not pay one thin dime over MSRP. Don't do it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Definitely test drive several times until you're sure or until the opportunity comes to buy.

I paid MSRP + Delivery charge + registration fees & such ($239). All they threw in was All weather floor mats at dealer cost when they come in. They wouldn't take off the spare tire cover. I didn't fuss since it was only $159.

What did I get? A black AT 4x4 with CQ, Rear Diff lock, 17" alloys, Sp tr cvr, Rck rails, skd plt, armrest, and cpt flr mts & crgo mat + delivery charge of 605 = $28,228. I also paid $500 for Diamond fusion windshield. More about it in my other post. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Apologies if this post doesn't belong in this thread, but plan to order a titanium, and have a quick question: to everyone who has purchased or ordered an FJ in the SouthEast Toyota, did everyone have to pay the $597.00 "SET administrative fee"? The 12 dealers I've spoken with in Florida insist they can not get around charging it. Also, rumor has it , it seems that SET is requiring the CQ package on all FJs sold for (at least the next eight months)? SET is trying to make us spend over $2,400 more for junk we do not want. I'd rather spend that on wheels, tires, etc. Mini2nut just posted he was able to order a BASE model, outside "SET tax zone" of course. I did find a couple of dealers willing to delete toyoguard. Wish BaldyTMOG was still around to give us straight answers from insider's perspective. Thanks for any feedback team!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Paid MSRP - Didn't like some of the options that came with the vehcile (carpeted floor mates, tires) but dealer wouldn't budge. Dealer is installing the trailer hitch at hist cost rather than MSRP. If I had my head on straight I probably could have got Rock Rails and Roof Rack at dealer cost as well.

Dealer was willing to give stuff at cost but not remove anything already on the vehcile.

Might be a bargaining chip someone can use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Late Saturday afternoon I went for a closer look. I ended up leaving with what looked like the last broushure and a grape soda.

Dealer wants additional $3995. on top of MSRP

I will just have to wait.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Lost Cosmonaut said:
I paid $400 UNDER, that's right I said UNDER MSRP.

How? Excellent negotiation and a kick arse dealer that wanted my business and wanted to keep me Toyota loyal. (not that I'd really buy an Xterra or Wrangler after test driving the FJ).

- LC
This would fall under salesmanship 101 ,"Don't give them a good deal,Make them believe they got a good deal and everyone is happy" :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I paid MSRP here in Florida, at Lighthouse Toyota in St. Augustine. I got my FJ in Sun Fusion , AT, 4X4, with CQ, DL, FE, and GY. With the problems SET had with steel wheels, the dealership added Option #WY5 to my spec (at $1599) AFTER I had agreed to the original spec AND put down my deposit!

So, after much complaining on my part, threatening to contact the BBB and pull my deposit, I had them give me free all-weather floor mats, a free cargo mat, and waive the $699 ToyoGuard Plus package that SET is famous for adding on! I did not want it anyway, so that was good. Also, I had them go up $400 more on my trade in, too. So, I think I came out not too badly, especially since I did not want a fully-loaded FJ, like most from the first allocation have been!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got mine for 700 under MSRP. MSRP was 31,540

·
Registered
444 Posts
caliFJ said:
i paid 10k over msrp and gave my each of the dealer's salesmen handjobs

You're a tool. What value does a stupid ass post like that have?! :mad:

1 - 20 of 204 Posts