04 S2000 Silverstone Mugenized - Gone 9-26-05
06 Ridgeline RTL R/S - Gone 6-10-05
05 Accord EX - V6, Navi, XM - Gone 2-28-05
04 Accord EX - Gone 12-2-04
03 G35 Coupe 6MT - Gone 8-2-04
03 Benz CLK - 1-9-05
02 S200 Spa Yellow - Gone 8-8-03
99 Boxster - Gone 12-29-01
You seems to be an avid car buyer. Judging by the quality of vehicles you buy (and trade) and your signature says you are a pilot, I'm guessing you take good care of your cars. When you get ready to trade in 12-18 months (that appears for be the average), you might want to post it on the Forum at a reasonable price for the guys that are on too tight of a budget to afford a new FJ. I know that you will enjoy this awesome 2007 Toyota 4x4, but the 2008 will have the option thing worked out (plus new colors and sunroof) and you can get just you want, so trade up is predictable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MSRP with all options including cargo cover.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MSRP plus the dealer gave me $500 over KBB for my trade in.
Downside: Instead of the BFG AT that should have been coming with the 16" wheels, my FJ came with Pirelly Scorpions ATR. Dealer was unwilling to swap the tires as "he has no influence what tires they put on". More truely: He knew I will take the FJ despite the Pirellis!

There are stories that 75 miles South in Atlanta, dealers are asking for up to $5,000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Kansas Law Dog said:
You seems to be an avid car buyer. Judging by the quality of vehicles you buy (and trade) and your signature says you are a pilot, I'm guessing you take good care of your cars. When you get ready to trade in 12-18 months (that appears for be the average), you might want to post it on the Forum at a reasonable price for the guys that are on too tight of a budget to afford a new FJ. I know that you will enjoy this awesome 2007 Toyota 4x4, but the 2008 will have the option thing worked out (plus new colors and sunroof) and you can get just you want, so trade up is predictable.
Doh now you tell me about the sunroof! i really had no idea I was going to get this thing...stopped by just to check it out yesterday and just had to have it.

I've been pretty bad with the last few cars only having them about 6 months. If i do decide to upgrade to the 08 then I will offer my 07 here for a very fair price.

BTW not a pilot just an avid Oakley freak.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I paid MSRP, for a well-equipped FJ in the color and transmission configuration I wanted.

The dealer did add carpeted mats, VIP system, Emergency Road Kit (!) and Side Curtain Airbags. Option I had to have: towing hitch package. Option that wasn't on this truck that would have been a deal-breaker: roof rack.

So, I paid $29,459 before TTL for an MT with Convenience package and UP1, carpeted mats and cargo liner; tow hitch; armrest; emergency road kit; VIP alarm; Side Curtain Airbags.

All in all, I'm happy with the deal. Especially since I got the MT and Black Cherry. :)

Sandi

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am a toyota sales consultant in the chicago region. i work at one of the largest stores in the region. we do have a very large allocation of fj cruisers coming into inventory. as far as pricing, every customer has paid at least msrp, some $250 over, some $500 over. this is not going to be a mass produced vehicle like a highlander or 4runner. it will be limited in its overall production and distribution. therefore, it will be one of the few cars that will have little to no negotiation.

speaking from a business perspective, we do everything we can to give customers a fair price on all of our new inventory. however, there are certain vehicles that toyota as a company wants us to hold gross profit on, and the fj is one of those vehicles (along w/ the hybrids). the negotiating game has already gone almost entirely in favor of the consumers, since almost everyone comes in the door demanding invoice or below invoice pricing on every new vehicle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another thing to consider—there are certain CarMax dealerships that are primarily Toyota retailers... and they don't include the $3k+ markup that independents do. ;) I'd definitely recommend checking with a Toyota CarMax first.

I reserved one with only $500 down in early March, and they guaranteed me the sun fusion yellow FJ that I wanted (with roof rack and upgrade package #1) for a total of $30,682. The only frustrating thing was the delay—it was due on March 27th, but because the floor mats didn't ship to NY with the vehicle, they held it at the port until April 14th.

Needless to say, it was well worth the wait. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
i paid 31 or 32 something for a black 4x4 auto. all the options i wants, skid plate, rails, rubber mats, sub, upgrade 1 and 2, i got the 100k warranty. didnt know i could wait, darn!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
WTF

the other dealer has a $6995 mark up, Toyota of Stuart wants 7000 dollars ontop of msrp an no orders. who hires these lame bull****er salesmen, im 22 an they want to do things to me that you wouldnt even hear in a aristocrat joke.

who can i write a letter to about how unsatisfied i am with the testdrive i took, an the salesman had the nerve to light up a newport while on the testdrive.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Andy said:
WTF

the other dealer has a $6995 mark up, Toyota of Stuart wants 7000 dollars ontop of msrp an no orders. who hires these lame bull****er salesmen, im 22 an they want to do things to me that you wouldnt even hear in a aristocrat joke.

who can i write a letter to about how unsatisfied i am with the testdrive i took, an the salesman had the nerve to light up a newport while on the testdrive.
It's ridiculous. Still, it's not as bad as trying to buy one on eBay. The salesman at CarMax said someone came in and bought five of them, specifically so he could mark them up by $10k on eBay. Chances are, he did it successfully, too. :mad:

Regardless, it must be pretty liberating to be able to afford to shell out $150k for five cars in the first place...

21 - 40 of 204 Posts