Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Andy said:
who can i write a letter to about how unsatisfied i am with the testdrive i took, an the salesman had the nerve to light up a newport while on the testdrive.
i woulda smacked the cig out his mouth then ***** slapped him, backhand of course - menthol's are ****ing nasty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased mine tonight, $7200 in options....ouch. Paid MSRP and dealer agreed to allow purchase of any accessories at dealer cost. Dealer tried to start negotiations with $2k markup, I started to walk out.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
Kansas Law Dog said:
You seems to be an avid car buyer. Judging by the quality of vehicles you buy (and trade) and your signature says you are a pilot, I'm guessing you take good care of your cars. When you get ready to trade in 12-18 months (that appears for be the average), you might want to post it on the Forum at a reasonable price for the guys that are on too tight of a budget to afford a new FJ. I know that you will enjoy this awesome 2007 Toyota 4x4, but the 2008 will have the option thing worked out (plus new colors and sunroof) and you can get just you want, so trade up is predictable.
Law Dog,

Are you speculating about the sun roof or do you have an inside line about future options? Not that I plan on "flipping" my FJ for a newer model or anything. Just curious...

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
gtn12130 said:
i am a toyota sales consultant in the chicago region. i work at one of the largest stores in the region. we do have a very large allocation of fj cruisers coming into inventory. as far as pricing, every customer has paid at least msrp, some $250 over, some $500 over. this is not going to be a mass produced vehicle like a highlander or 4runner. it will be limited in its overall production and distribution. therefore, it will be one of the few cars that will have little to no negotiation.

speaking from a business perspective, we do everything we can to give customers a fair price on all of our new inventory. however, there are certain vehicles that toyota as a company wants us to hold gross profit on, and the fj is one of those vehicles (along w/ the hybrids). the negotiating game has already gone almost entirely in favor of the consumers, since almost everyone comes in the door demanding invoice or below invoice pricing on every new vehicle.
Thanks for the inside line on Toyota's thinking about the new FJ. I understand that it will be in limited production for the first year. I don't, however, feel that it will stay that way for long. After the initial sales are over and Toyota crunches the #'s they will realize (probably already do) that they have a 'hit' on their hands and will go into full production with more vehicles produced. Since they already have the die cut for producing the FJ it is highly unlikely that they will discontinue it anytime real soon. It's kinda like Coke's big decision to stop making "Classic Coke" a bunch of years back. Not a wise move when you have everyone hooked on your product. I'm sure some dude lost his job over that decision making process. The fact that we are all willing to pay MSRP (thought I never would for ANY vehicle) is something that Toyota will not be able to overlook.

I hope that, in time, Toyota does not make as many production units as the 4Runner. But when you have a hit on your hands, it's hard to ignore putting out more units. Only time will tell...and only a handful will be able to say that they have a "year one"...and of the "year one" owners only 2,500 will be able to say they own a "Year One 6M/T". (Est. based on earlier thread that only 5% of '07 vehicles to be produced in 6M/T).

So from my perspective, I have a "classic" due for arrival next week.

Oh, and by the way, to stay on topic...I'm paying MSRP for a 6M/T Voodoo Blue with convenience package and Upgrade #2 plus roof rack. :D

Thanks to all of the posts on this forum. I got the salesguy to ditch all of the "extras" I originally intended on purchasing because I now realize that I can get accessories later for less $ and without having to pay taxes for them (both upfront and yearly). Fortunately, I started reading about the FJ on this forum and educated myself BEFORE the FJ got off of the boat. Thanks to all for helping me form my final purchasing decision...and saving a lot of dough in the process. :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
$896.31 under. Took about two weeks of waiting and turns out an end of the month sales quota "supposedly" helped but ended up paying $300 over msrp OTD which included tax, tag, title.

Go to a volume dealer and figure out when their sales periods ends. Some are monthly quarterly, yearly or all the above. Just don't let them know you are dying to get one. My approach was to give a figure and have them call me when they could meet it. Followed up a week later letting them know I was getting ready to shop all the dealers in the east. Finally got what I wanted and didn't have to step one foot in the dealership.

Also, to address some anticipated responses first hand
1) No I won't say the dealer because I told them I wouldn't so they won't get 10 gazillion calls from everybody wanting the same deal.
2) No, the post is not for bragging but more so let people know you can still negotiate on price. (And also to contradict the Toyota Consultant.) Dealers and consultants don't want anybody breaking ranks but there are dealers out there that well. Especially the larger, high volume dealers.

It's harder than usual on this vehicle but it can be done if you don't give them the impression you have to have it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Once a dealer charges a customer an andminstration fee he has to charge all customer the same fee,However, sometime's you may be able to get the dealer to back the fee off of the MSRP price and then charge the fee,thus negating the cost of the fee!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you live in Los Angeles, go through an auto broker. They save you tons of money and time. and you don't get raped by a dealer.

Auto Traders
1-800-735-6500

I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer.

Curtis
soon to have an FJ, in 3 weeks!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I paid Msrp. 27900 with subwoofer and upgrade package one, The dealer actually had the rocker gaurds on the veh. They drilled the rockers to put them on . I took delivery the next day at night. The next day I went to show my friend the rocker gaurds and noticed they were gone. They took them off, with out tell me, they said that wasnt on the written deal. Now they want to sell them to me for $500.00 I told them I was buying the fj as is and they need to put them back on , They are refuseing. The thing that really gets me is that we own Apollooutfitters.com we bought the Fj for marketing and they knew this , We are taking the Fj to expos and shows with us (and of course out to play) . This could have led to thousands of $s in referalls. Now instead of good referall for the dealer, we will steer people that we meet away. The dealer will lose buisness all over a $500 option. SO if planing on buying make sure all dealer installed options are documented on your buyers agreement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got mine today. Third on list but ordered FJ with almost all options and had to wait till TODAY!!! I paid MSRP and got $300 off accys with a little negotiating. Got a AT 4x4 Black (wow all the sparking colors in that paint).
Been reading this forum since there where about 10 members. Just not a forum type of guy. But I am so excited and had to become a member since I've been on this site almost everyday digesting all the info. Thanks for that by the way.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just picked up my silver MT6 with CQ (and $200 carpeted floor matts (wtf)) for MSRP $25534. I prefenced no extra stuff back in January, and got exactly what I wanted, except for some really expensive carpet that slides around...

The ARB bumper, rock rails, and roof rack will be added slowly to "Shortround" to keep the party going.

Of yeah, I got black steel 17" wheels with Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts, not the Dunlops... salesguy said they were changing the stock tire... is that really true?

Enough for now. Need to spend time with the wife so she doesn't get to Jealous.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Going to the dealership this weekend, Want to know a few things

Is it possible to special order with nothing, not even conveniece package?

Is it possible to make it out the door 23,000? $3,000 Down so loan only for 20,000?

Going to Avondale, Toyota in Az.
Jessa

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't think anyone has seen one without the CQ (Convenience Package).

Maybe somebody more in the know can say when those will be available....

·
Registered
191 Posts
After test driving different Toyotas last weekend, I think we have settled on the FJC. Now just waiting for the game to cool off before jumping in. We don't want to pay MSRP either, so we may have to wait quite some time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I plopped down my money on Saturday, and as soon as another one comes in, I get the one on the lot. It's got Rock Rails, Roof Rack, Skid PLate, Tow Hitch & Wiring, and Option Combo D. I don't know if the XM Radio is part of the package, but it says Sat on one of the buttons. ( I wouldn't use it anyways).
I built the same one on the website & came up with the same price of $30,635.00 ( Which is MSRP), Plus $50. Document Fee and $168. for 2 yrs License.
Grand total out the door $30,853.00 and the cool part is no Tax in Oregon.

·
Registered
842 Posts
FJ4Jessa said:
Going to the dealership this weekend, Want to know a few things

Is it possible to special order with nothing, not even conveniece package?

Is it possible to make it out the door 23,000? $3,000 Down so loan only for 20,000?

Going to Avondale, Toyota in Az.
Jessa

Jessa,
You talked about wanting to go offroad. If you want 4 wheel drive you gota shell out the dough.
Attilla

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haven't seen any without being fully loaded or close to it. Paid 30,726.00 (msrp) - 400.00 discount (Dealer stuck it to the other dealer that wouldn't work with me. cq gy rb ur #2 c7 cf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Andy said:
Its time for me to take the plunge. time to talk with the salesman. Im preparing myself:mad: for the game, the one every consumer hates to play. The automobile pricing game.

I planning on taking a test drive in the FJ and getting a real feel for it before I commit myself. Before I pick up a pen and sign any contracts I wanted to know what I should expect to see. When looking at an auto 4x4. I dont care much for the options right,:confused: but I could be easily persuaded.

I am curious to see, what numbers have you been dealt?:)
I have on order a silver 4x4 Manual Transmission with the convenience package and upgrade option 1. Accessories I have asked for is the tow hitch, roof rack, and the rock bars. Total out the door it cost me 30,675.00 not bad I thought. I put 4,000 down so my payments are pretty decent.

41 - 60 of 204 Posts