Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting 5 BFG KM2's mounted on my stock wheels tomorrow for my bone stock unlifted FJ.

I have read everything from they wont rub at all to they rub a little with a 3" lift and everything in between.

I just want to hear from guys running this specific tire on their FJ's what is required to have no rubbing off road. Can I get by with minimal running with no mods? Can I get by with just a "leveling" kit? Or is more required?

I want no lift at all, but would not mind possibly a level. Can anyone say definitively?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am getting 5 BFG KM2's mounted on my stock wheels tomorrow for my bone stock unlifted FJ.

I have read everything from they wont rub at all to they rub a little with a 3" lift and everything in between.

I just want to hear from guys running this specific tire on their FJ's what is required to have no rubbing off road. Can I get by with minimal running with no mods? Can I get by with just a "leveling" kit? Or is more required?

I want no lift at all, but would not mind possibly a level. Can anyone say definitively?
Dang! Last I read you had decided on Cooper ATs and now I am reading you went back to BFG KM2s. What happened? I think you made a wise choice nonetheless. Can't wait to see pics with the new shoes.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a deal I couldnt refuse due to some issues I had with the Toyota dealer from whom I bought my buggy. I ended up speaking with the owner and he hooked me up with the service manager.

He really went out of his way to make everything right. i mentioned to him I was getting ready to buy some tires and he offered them to me at cost. Since the high cost of the KM2s were a big factor in my decision to go another route (in addition to some other factors) I decided to jump on the deal. I got 5 KM2's for substantially less than I was going to get 4 Coopers through a buy 3 get one free deal. So, 5 KM2s for less than the cost of 3 Cooper ST's. Just way cheap and he threw in a free alignment. Very happy. Cant wait to get my truck tomorrow.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Those are a nice tire size "tall", the problem is they seem to be very few mfg's making them. They also are only avail in the lower load ratings. I used to run them on my Suburbans. The load rating would not matter on the FJ though. This is a good question.............I was wondering the same thing.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
198 Posts
oh, I should add, anyone looking at these ...I had very poor luck with the Rover's ...poor when wet and very poor wear.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, can I run them with no lift?

Guess I will know tomorrow. But I bet it looks great. Love that African expedition look with tall skinnies with no list on the Landovers.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
There was a local guy running those in KMs with no lift and no rubbing, but on 17'' stock wheels.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just looked em up !! Those are Sweeeet Hydro :rocker:

Color me in baby........ I am getting some of that fresh rubber too!!!!!

Hope they work well for you:) don't forget to post up some pic s !!!

how were they per corner??????????

·
Registered
198 Posts
Correction........How $$$$$$ much were they per corner?????

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I shouldnt post the price, because I got kind of a special deal due to some previous issues with my dealer.

I will say this. I got all 5 of the much more expensive KM2's than I was going to get 4 Cooper ST's at a buy 3 got 1 free deal.

That is why I stepped up to the KM2. Once I saw what he was willing to do, I went ahead and got the more expensive tire that I was going to pass on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm anxious to see some pics... wondering how it looks and handles... I'm not into the wide look at all.. My Mickey MTZ's look good in 265 75 16 LT though..:cheers:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts