Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on this forum for a long time & every time I log in I see this & wonder what it is. What I'm talking about is the header on the top of the page. The FJ on the left hand side, on the rear bumper wing there is an "X" on it. What the hell is that? Just scroll to the top of this page & take a look. Anybody know?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Stumped, I did see a bumper sticker a few day ago, you know the one with the figures of a dad, mom and 3 or 4 kids......this one has big X thru the wife.

He must be bitter.

·
Registered
322 Posts
how in the world did you ever notice that? Since you've pointed it out, I just now noticed that the FJ has chrome factory wheels. At least that is what it looks like.

I guess they got that image from this picture.

Here is another link, has the same "X" symbol on the front bumper wings. Was this something that they changed before production?

FJ Pics with X

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
There were a few changes made between the prototype and the production version. I know the X came out of the wings, and the stupid lights on the mirrors went from yellow to white. There were some small changes to the interior as well, nothing major, but I cannot remember what they were. Overall, however, the FJ probably ranks near the top of the list of modern vehicles when it comes to fewest changes between prototype and production models. Very solid design/engineering work.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
that top wrapped rear window was nixed as well as the round fuel door.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i also can tell the fuel door is a locking one, which i would rather have that and the xwing bumpers than no locking fuel door, and the bumpers it has now lol

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Personally, I liked the rear door and window design from the prototype

I realize it henders to a degree the ability to use the roof, but hey, I like it. I also like the angle of the rear door, the sideview on the A pillar, the step built into the side of the vehicle, and though I'm sure they would have sucked the front and rear winch is very nice. Oh and I also loved the interior.

Yeah, sorry I got carried away.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I mean, check it out, talk about "venting" the rear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The FJ's built for the Middle East market have an X like this on the mirrors I believe. Do they also have the X on the bumper.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this stuff at the header... I figured I had too much time on my hands at work.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you open your door and look at the side of the dash, there is the same 'X' on it. I guess they forgot to delete that one. :D

I like the dual sliding back windows.

Oh, and most of the prototype ones had a Toyota symbol in the grille, instead of the word TOYOTA. (I prefer the oldschool word)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Someone needs to fab up some seats like the ones in the concept truck!

Yes to this. I saw the seats and the way they have that silver mount fixture and drooled.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Ahh the pic at the top. Look at the rear door. It is upright! Not that I dislike the swing out and down, but upright is certainly interesting

1 - 20 of 32 Posts