Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without spending 85.00 for brackets or drilling the bumper?

Thanks

Randy

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I don't know what year your FJ is (or if it's changed over the years), but the earlier ones have hole already under the plastic skin. If you feel around you can find them.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
randyhub,

there are holes in the metal fill plate under the plastic cover of the bumber. you can get to them from the bottom and push something sharp like a ice pick through the plastic to locate them so you can drill through the plastic cover. this is how I mounted these before I purchase a real bumper.

but then I did this

JKFJ08

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
This is how they look when you mount right through the plastic bumper skin. If you get under the front end and look up into the bumper you will see a metal support. Along it you will evenly spaced holes already in the metal. Pick out the two spaced apart and you will see what we all mean. I just heated a nail up with a torch and pushed it up through the plastic. Worked great. Drilled them out and voila.....lights that worked great.....

But I also graduated....

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Wow...never knew that!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys love the all metal bumpers you upgraded to! Only had my 07 FJ for 2 weeks have to go slow with the mods or the wife is going to get mad.

Already installed a radar detector, GPS, rear tire cover, and ordered a 2" leveling kit, plus a brake controller for the trailer.

All in all this is a well engineered beast not missing my TJ much yet.:bigthumb:

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts