Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like an oil catch can of some sorts, but I have really only ever seen these utilized on boosted engines.

The black box with the blue cap. Anyone have URL for what this part is?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
its something aftermarket installed by a previous owner, that's going to make it difficult from us on the internet to be able to tell you what it is

do you have a dual battery setup? If so, it could be as simple as a windshield washer jar.

Look at what is connected to it, and where the hoses go, that will be the best guide as to what it is and does.

Norm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its something aftermarket installed by a previous owner, that's going to make it difficult from us on the internet to be able to tell you what it is

do you have a dual battery setup? If so, it could be as simple as a windshield washer jar.

Look at what is connected to it, and where the hoses go, that will be the best guide as to what it is and does.

Norm
Yeah, I was just hoping that someone has seen these before. It very well could be washer fluid. Seems like a silly use of money for a nice aluminum windshield washer fluid container to me tho. Kind of cool as long as it is not my money.

There is not a dual battery setup on this rig.

Not sure why I did not think of the washer fluid since I did not really see that container anywhere else. Thank you for helping me figure out what should have been obvious ;-)

·
A-Team Moderator
8,253 Posts
Installation of an aftermarket bumper necessitates the need to remove the low hanging OEM reservoir.

There's 2 pumps on the backside and that tube is for fluid level check. It has a weep/breather hole at the top that sometimes get plugged up with dry fluid.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts