Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side seat belt was not working so I had to take the suicide door panel off to investigate. In the process this part just went flying when I pulled the panel off. I have no clue where it goes and pretty frustrated. I have spent the better part of two hours messing with all this in the rain. Not to mention loosing the spring thingy that holds on the door handle, a trip to three auto parts places looking for the trim panel retainers that were either broken or lost during this ordeal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an FYI to help others if you happen to loose the retainer pin that holds the door handle on you can not but just the pin for Toyota you will have to buy an entire handle. You have two other options. Find a window roller handle retainer pin at you local NAPA. Or you can make one out of a small piece of spring steel. I simply just used an old spring and straightened it out and reshaped into one. It isnt pretty but it works. The one below is not the one I used but very similar that I made to show in this post because the other one was already installed and could not get a pic for you guys.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts