Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me '07 FJ, sitting on 285/70/17 BFG ATs, I know the shocks are Old Man Emu, but not exactly what lift it has on it (dealer told me it was a 4" lift but not so sure about that). Got to test out the FJ thoroughly yesterday offroad and have to say I'm quite impressed, I loved it. Sure would like to know what lift I have though. Thanks in advance, here's a couple pictures
fj1.jpg

fjunder.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
It does look like you have the OME shocks, they look like OME coil springs as well but it is impossible to tell from this shot.

OME does not make a 4" lift, so that is wrong. They are common;y referred to as 3" lifts, but depending on how much weight you are carrying, you can expect less.

I got almost exactly 2" from mine.

There are also several spring rates available for the coils, like medium and heavy that allow again for weight concerns (like aftermarket bumpers, winches, aux gas tanks etc).

I'll bet it is an OME medium lift though, a very common a good quality lift.

Cheers...

-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys. I am a convert coming over from Rovers, this Toyota stuff a bit different as in I don't know much about them. Looking forward to talking w u all. Thx , Rob:rocker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts