Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gang. im picking up a 2007 fj 4x4 but it does not have rear diff lock. so what kind of diff so i have? is it limited slip or a-trac?

sorry for the dumb question.:mecry:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
unless you've already bought it, personally I'd pass on a fj without the locking rear differential. just my $.02. Sorry I can't answer your question though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would say limited slip. A-trac is just a system that acts to reduce wheel spin and transfer it to the wheel with the most traction, not a kind of differential.

Also, no need to make two posts regarding the same question.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its an 07 what do u get if its not one with a locking diff? cant be an open can it?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
It's an open diff and no ATRAC. ATRAC was only available on the models with a locker. You can add an ARB air locker fairly easy if you choose to. Talk to the guys at East Coast Gear.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an open diff and no ATRAC. ATRAC was only available on the models with a locker. You can add an ARB air locker fairly easy if you choose to. Talk to the guys at East Coast Gear.
oh ok. thanks, i figured an fj theirs no way they would put an open diff in it but i guess so, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts