Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2007 FJ that has 295/70/R17 nitto terra grapplers. I have no rubbing what so ever. I am pretty sure it has a lift but not sure of the type and inch.

The dealer and myself did not know it had a lift only finding out by researching on the forum. Pics to follow.

Any idea of what is typically needed to run this set up?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Here are the pics. Got 49k miles. paid 21000.

Every lift looks identical (minus 3" compared to 6") looking at it from far away view.

You need to take pictures of the actual suspension components for us to be able to identify anything.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
got it. I will get some up.

I looked and it does not have any specific brand. could be a budget boost. It has a 1.5" spacer on the top of the coil over.

What do you typically have to have to run 290/70/R17's?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
ill say most likely its a spacer lift.. doesnt seem to be standing like a suspension lift.. just had that impression dont ask me why.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ill say most likely its a spacer lift.. doesnt seem to be standing like a suspension lift.. just had that impression dont ask me why.
x2. You may want to check on the aft portion of the inner front fender by where it joins the body to see if the previous owner did a body mount chop too. Running that size tires, it is pretty common. In addition, if you look at the shocks, unless they say Bilstein or TOICO (I think that's what mine say. I don't have the offroad package, so there just plain old black stock shocks), they are probably aftermarket. Anyone else, please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but with that mileage if shocks are not stock, there's a pretty good chance its a suspension lift. You can check your front coils to see if they are adjustable to. If so, its an aftermarket lift. If the springs are any color other than black, there's a good chance its had an aftermarket suspension lift too. I've only had my FJ a couple months and am still learning, but for what its worth this is what I've learned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts