Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Creston is a great place to visit! Hope Nala enjoyed Canada!
We thought about giving you a PM, but thought about it too late. Next time we get up there we'll PM you and have a beer or something! Yes Creston and Crandon(?) were very nice! so were the people!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
We thought about giving you a PM, but thought about it too late. Next time we get up there we'll PM you and have a beer or something! Yes Creston and Crandon(?) were very nice! so were the people!:bigthumb:

Next time, I'll buy the first round. Did you have a Kokanee while you were there?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Next time, I'll buy the first round. Did you have a Kokanee while you were there?
No:mecry: It being my first time up there, I didn't want to get pulled over with a California plate and beer on my breath. I just stuck to an ice cream cone and had a Moose droul when I got back to Goodgrief cafe.

Funny story though.....When I pulled up to the ice cream stand there was a tree stump to pull up to to park. I DID NOT SEE said tree stump and pulled up 1mm of it(REALY 1mm!!!) I saw everyone looking at us and pointing. I didn't know what just happened(like I said I didn't see the stump.) One guy looked at me when I was in line and asked "was that just a fluke, or did you mean to do that?" "mean to do what?" I asked. He just pointed to the stump.:lol: I told him that I WISHED I ment to do that , but it was just a fluke!:rofl: I told him that I thought he was just admiring the FJ! He said he was, but thought I was a stunt parker!:lol:
Stuff like this just adds to the adventure!:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ow my hubby has such a sentimental side too him!! This trip was such a needed relief for us! We could not have done it without the stimulus check either!!
We saw more FJ's in one day than ever had before and all on the 15 freeway(grant it we were on it for 1000 miles!)!! we think most were heading to the summit and moab's prerun, and funny too we did not see one Voo Doo Blue on the way! most were sun fusion!! or Titanium, few black and black cherry, brick and sandstorms too! no icebergs or black TRD's! But here in so-cal the hot colors are blue and Ti, and to not see one blue was just plain funny! We did see two on the way back. but not many others at that point!
Thanks for all the kind words everyone, we were enjoying our part of Idaho and the whole trip in general but we kept thinking about the summiteers!! If there is a #3 we will be there!
Good write up honey! :pinklove::kiss:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Awesome pics Scott and Debbie!!! Gosh that is some GORGEOUS country so I don't blame you one bit for loving it. As far as Summit #3, T and I will be there too!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Awesome pics Scott and Debbie!!! Gosh that is some GORGEOUS country so I don't blame you one bit for loving it. As far as Summit #3, T and I will be there too!
Can't wait to meet up with yall there!:)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A pic to go along wtih the story in post #23. I forgot that Sandabbe took this with her phone!
[/IMG]
Couldn't do this again in a million years!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Great pictures, sounds like a wonderful trip.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I am positive we saw you truck both on the way to Ouray and also on the way home. I knew I recognized the truck and was wondering why you were going the wrong way on the interstate (I think we saw you going north in Idaho). Sorry you missed the Summit but it looks like you had a good time all on your own!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am positive we saw you truck both on the way to Ouray and also on the way home. I knew I recognized the truck and was wondering why you were going the wrong way on the interstate (I think we saw you going north in Idaho). Sorry you missed the Summit but it looks like you had a good time all on your own!
YOUR the guy we saw on our way home going through Montana! Sorry we didn't notice ya on the way in to Idaho.

·
Registered
458 Posts
A coworker of mine told me that the FJ looked like a lion ready to pounce on something! We had to come up with a female name for the FJ, one of a female lion. Nala was the Lion king's girlfriend. The name was clear!
Blue too. I like that one!:bigthumb:
Ah, gotcha. I completely forgot about the Lion King (and I have two kids). It makes perfect sense now, although I suppose these sort of things don't really need to make sense.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ah, gotcha. I completely forgot about the Lion King (and I have two kids). It makes perfect sense now, although I suppose these sort of things don't really need to make sense.
No, They don't!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
YOUR the guy we saw on our way home going through Montana! Sorry we didn't notice ya on the way in to Idaho.
That was me. It was good to sorta kinda meet your truck :lol:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That was me. It was good to sorta kinda meet your truck :lol:
You too!!! We DID give you the "FJ Wave". Hope you saw it!:wave:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
On the way to Idaho we saw so many Ti FJ's i am sure we saw you, just don't know which one you were exactly!!! Our trip was awesome but yours was awesomer!LOL!!!!

also here is another pic from just in front our property on the road, there were many but this was the best one for a pic! anybody know what its from??? Mountain lion or dog, or wolf???
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It looks like a velociraptor footprint to me....:D
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I keep telling her it is a mountain lion print because of the lack of claws, but she won't belive me!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Did you meet mean folks in Salt Lake? from above post.....
^^^^ It was more that the people were kinda rude, not mean, if you were in a crosswalk crossing the street the oncoming traffic making a left turn were about ready to run you over!! After all day drivng and you feel like walking to get a bite to eat from your hotel, and you heve to watch out for cars turning into you in the crosswalk and with the walk signal! So it was a little bit intimidating, we were not expecting that. we had walked up to the fast food place with you know the golden arches, and the girls run and lock the doors as they see us coming and laugh, and we ask "are you closed?" and they laugh and then say yah. instead of just telling us before we get there, the drive up window gal was talking to her freinds in the parking lot and we just wanted to ask if they were closed and she just slams her window shut and looks at us like because her windows closed and she is now deaf,. not so freindly to us. The hotel people were very nice though! but SLC is a VERY BIG city! so it goes with the territory! I am sure there are lots of VERY FREINDLY people in SLC, we will find out on the next trip north! :wave: and you can give them a heads up!!lol!!! :)
in the small town where we stayed on the way up (Brigham City) it was so polite and courtious!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts