Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 3 inch lift and XD rims. Im not sure what to do next. Bumper, light rack, wheel flares, CB radio, or a ladder? What order should i buy this in!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Front bumber and if you ride with other people cb and then keep going from there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It depends on what you want to do with your fj. Do you want to go wheeling, sand, snow, stay on the road, what? Each one requires different equipment. For example, if you want to go out on trails you're going to eventually need recovery gear, cb to communicate, a way to inflate/deflate tires, are you going over rocks - then you'll need sliders and skids. It's a long process and there's a lot to it. Check out other members build threads and take it one step at a time.

If you're goal is to get out on trails then I would add a cb - hey, it's effective and cheap. Then i'd look at a winch bumper and some recovery gear. I recommend loosing the steps and adding sliders for protection.

Check out this thread -http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/60034-first-2000-a.html it really helped me out a lot.

It's all just my opinion. Check out the threads and see what you need.
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts