Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'12 with MetalTech tube, XRC 9.5K, TRD exhaust, Fuel Vector 17", Audison/JL/Dynamat
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got behind my dash switch panel to see what switch blanks were actually blanks for a future mod, and I found this unused connector wrapped discreetly in factory foam for protection. I poked the connector out of its foam and this is what I see.

Mine's a 2012 4x4 auto with (factory installed) TRD exhaust and blue/yellow Bilsteins, but no special badging. Not sure that's relevant, but thought I'd mention in case there's some special NON-TT special edition out there I don't know about.

What the heck is that connector for???

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable Vehicle

·
Registered
'12 with MetalTech tube, XRC 9.5K, TRD exhaust, Fuel Vector 17", Audison/JL/Dynamat
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The front sides of both these switches on the bottom row a little further down appear as blanks in the cabin!

What's going on here???!

Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Gas Cable Electrical supply

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a thread like this that pops up every couple weeks. Every FJ is pretty much wired the same. So if your FJ doesn't come with certain features there are still wires behind the dash for the plugs.
I know this... I'm asking what do THESE do... specifically? Can you help?

·
18,624 Posts
Threads merged

·
Registered
194 Posts
The two switches normally on the bottom of the switch panel are for the Inverter and parking sensors.
This is correct. The silver plug one is the inverter and the blue is for the parking sensors. The one wrapped in foam (IIRC) is for the OEM fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts