Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i've been lurking around for awhile now and i;m trying to make a big decision. I just sold my 93 wrangler and im stuck between a new rubicon or the trail team FJ. Now i know this is the fj forum and most will say get the cruiser but i kinda want honest opinions and would really like to hear from people that have maybe owned both and could tell me the pros and cons of both.

Thanks in advance
Jason

·
Registered
923 Posts
Depends on what you want to use it for. I went wheeling with my step bro this past weekend. He has a very nicely modded Rubicon. I guarantee it goes a lot more places than my FJ will. However, I kept up with him all day, had a great time, and still have a great on-road ride. He, on the other hand, has one heck of a time moving on the highway. He has zippers for windows, and it is just about impossible to get his 6 month old's car seat in the back.

Here are some shots of what we did. The time I got stuck was because I was messing around while he tried to climb a waterfall. Hope this helps.

Picasa Web Albums - Matthew - Wellsville 4/19

·
Banned
338 Posts
Jeep is smaller, only reason it'll go more places. Nowhere near as wide as the FJ, also a reason the Jeep is a horrid vehicle for daily driving on the highway and around town. The wideness is what gives the FJ it's "sturdier" driving abilities when turning corners and driving at highway speeds...FJ = Daily Driver + Offroader, Jeep....terrible daily driver, I hate the handling of them and they are so friggin' loud inside. Whenever I turn in them I feel like im going to tip o_O

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'd like to buy a Jeep someday...would seriously consider a JK Rubicon. I just don't trust them (from past Jeep history). They do seem to fiercly hold their resale value, though...unlike the rest of Jeeps lineup. Wranglers have 'FUN' plastered all over them. They may not be great to live with but I would guess that the times where they are the 'perfect' vehicle for the moment must outweigh the negatives. I like my FJ quite a bit and it does what I need it to do...just wish it could go topless...and doorless. :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Have you driven either yet? Both seem to be about the same price and I think you get a lot more for the money with the FJ Cruiser along with better fuel economy. As mentioned before, it all comes down to what you will be using it for. I was torn between a Rubicon and an FJ and went with the FJ after one test drive. Need more room for my dogs, road trips, etc. Didn't think I would enjoy a Jeep as a daily driver either. The FJ drives very smooth.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Buy a TT, then if you decide you don't like it, you can give it to me and then buy a Rubicon! Geez, I have to solve all the world's problems, it's wearin' me out!:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts